The Epilogue

A very loud noise coming closer and closer made the pups shudder but also breathe a sigh of relief. That noise belonged to the police sirens who, alerted by Mayor Goodway and the veracity of Ryder's evidence, decided to arrest the man once and for all.

Believe it or not, the Rostwood police tried to arrest the man in the past but never succeeded due to lack of evidence.

Police cars stopped in front of the house, and police men surrounded the house to prevent the man from escaping. In addition, Mayor Goodway had alerted the Chief of Police that there might also be a boy and dogs in the house.

Chief of Police Oliver, who was a man of great leadership, took a megaphone and began to speak.

"Everyone who are in the house, left with your hands up!"

Ryder and the pups even though terrified went out and did as Oliver wanted. Then a captain's petty officer ordered the boy to come towards him. 

When he and the pups were safe, the policemen entered and found Robert sitting on the ground, traumatised by the gesture he had made. The policemen were heartbroken when they noticed the dead dog.

The policemen arrested Robert and took him to the police station, nothing more was heard of him. The Forensic Police took Cassie's body to the forensic department for analazing her body and know more about the murder. After that the Cassie's body was taken to Adventure Bay for final farewell.

Instead Ryder and the pups were housed for a couple of days in a small house in Rostwood to recover from the traumatic experience and to help the police conclude the case.

When they returned to their small coastal town, the Rostwood police settled the case and sentenced Robert to thirty years in prison for murder.
Then the PAW Patrol returned to Adventure Bay for Cassie's funeral.

The funeral was attended by Mayor Goodway, Rostwood Mayor Alexander, Police Chief Oliver, citizens of both towns, and of course the Paw Patrol. 

That was a very sad day for Rubble and the Paw Patrol. Rubble had lost his mother whom he didn't know much about, and he had lost his whole family. He knew he was the last member of his family but he knew he had found another one here in Adventure Bay. 

The Paw Patrol had helped him cope with the mourning by comforting him even in the hardest moments of the funeral and in the days that followed.
Mayors Goodway and Alexander proclaimed two days of city mourning, but this did not help Rubble to forget the pain that troubled him.

A week had passed since Cassie's funeral, now Rubble was sitting on the beach looking at the sea thinking about what he might do that day. Meanwhile, Chase and Skye approached the puppy, smiling. 

"Hi Chase, Hi Skye." 

"Hello Rubble, what are you doing?" Skye said sitting next to the puppy.

"I'm watching the sea."

"It's good today?" Chase asked also sitting down Rubble.

"Yes, I think."

"Rubble and I have something important to tell you." Skye said.

"Yes, it's not easy to explain, but the two of us thought about it a lot and finally came to a conslusion." Chase said.

"I don't understand." Rubble said.

"The two of us noticed your behaviour especially towards us, and since Skye and I are now together, we decided to take a further step." Chase said smiling. 

"Rubble we have decided to become your adoptive parents if you so wish." Skye said with a smile.

Rubble was stunned by this news, he was happy but not responsive so this led the two dogs to say: "We know you have recently lost your mother and we are sorry, so-" Chase said before to get interrupted.

"I accept." Rubble said before to hugging the two dogs. "Thank you mom and dad."

"Oh, nevermind Rubble." Skye said with joy.

When the rest of the Paw Patrol heard about it, they celebrated.
From that moment on, the Paw Patrol was more cohesive and stronger, all thanks to one pup, Rubble.

The End

|Book By -TheEmpereor-|