Chapter Fourteen

It was just after lunch, the Paw Patrol was doing the final checks before heading towards their destination. Ryder had the pups check all the equipment twice, because he had to be sure he had everything in case of any eventuality.

When they were ready, they left the vehicles in the parking lot and walked towards the man's house.

Fear and anxiety were perceptible in the air, the pups and Ryder did not know what could be in the house and even where Rubble could be. Unfortunately for Ryder, the tracking system could not track within a certain distance, so he could not know where the dog was in the house. 

Ryder and the pups positioned themselves behind a series of bushes in front of the house, the boy took binoculars to study the situation and come up with a plan. 

The building in front of him was an oak wood house, two storeys high and with a roof made of wooden logs and tiles, next to the house there was a small garage with a path made of gravel. Outside the garage was a flaming red pickup. Around the man's house there were trees and bushes that perfectly matched the color of the house.

Ryder with his binoculars remarked that the house was empty, or at least there was no one there at that time. He understood that most likely the door was locked and so he decided to enter by a window. 

When he had finished studying the situation, he told his pups to follow him and to make absolute silence. They walked to the window on the right side of the house, then the boy took a knife from his backpack and used it to force the window. 

After some attempts they managed to open the window, and one by one they entered the house. When they were all inside they realized they were in a kitchen. It was a normal kitchen with everything you needed to cook.

Ryder ordered his pups to split up and start searching the house, but to do so quietly as he was not sure if anyone was inside.

When Ryder and the puppies left the kitchen they found a much less lit hallway than the kitchen, which made the situation much scarier, but that didn't stop the mission. Ryder encouraged his pups to move on and they, though frightened, did what he was told.

The pups began inspecting the rooms on the first floor while Ryder searched for access to the basemen because he speculated that Rubble could be locked in there..

Chase entered the room next to the kitchen, and when he walked through the door, he found himself in front of a living room, with large pieces of furniture attached to the wall, which inside had trinkets, silver cutlery, decorated ceramic plates and other things, in the center of the room there was a table and chairs, but it seemed that they were not used much, finally in front of the table there was a small television over a gray wooden cabinet.

Zuma entered a room where there were various games, including a football table, that was the game that was the only game that did not stand on the sides of the room and was not filled with dust. At zuma it seemed that room was not used for a long time because it was dirty and semi-dark, when he had finished checking the room he left.

Marshall checked out a side corridor, which led him to a door, he opened it and noticed that the door that he had opened led him to a garage, but it was empty and dark, it belonged to a workbench and some work equipment there was nothing else. Marshall was upset because he wanted to find Rubble and get out of there.

Rocky, unlike others, dismantled the lock with his instruments and with a gentle push open the door, to see in the darkness that enveloped the room he had to use a small light placed in his puptag, the one that found the shots. The room was a pantry with many kinds of food, enclosed in boxes or jars.