Ch 2

Your bedroom felt bigger than normal. Big and hollow. Sleep evaded you. After laying in bed for what felt like hours, you were unsure how much time had actually passed. Your own worst enemy, your thoughts, kept you awake. The bed felt cold, empty. It made your heart twinge in sorrow.

You weren't in love with Andromeda, but that doesn't mean you don't care for her. The fleeting feeling of a phantom ring of metal pressing against your forehead served as a reminder to her crazy outburst. You lift a hand up and place it over your face as a sigh leaves your lips.

Enough of this wallowing, you think.

You sit up and dig through your bedside table, dumping a couple pills into your hand. You swallow them dry and toss the bottle onto the table. It takes a while but eventually you feel the sleepy haze of the meds kick in and let yourself fall into the drug induced sleep.

When morning came, you woke up feeling groggy and like you hadn't slept at all. Sitting up, you stare at the wall for a minute as you rub the lingering haze of the medicated sleep from your eyes. You made yourself get up and start moving. There was a lot of work to do today.

"Yeah, yeah. I know," you say into your phone as you enter your newly acquired building. "Listen, can't you spare me the lecture?"

"No, (Y/n). I can't. Somebody has to tell you you're in the wrong since Andromeda obviously can't."

"Dude, give me a fucking break! It's not my fault things ended up that way!"

"There you go again, shifting the blame onto everyone else. Part of this IS your fault. You should've never continued to lead her on in the first place! Communication is key, (Y/n), and you're not very good at it. I suggest that you-"

"Desmond. Please." He falls silent. "Just.. please drop it, okay?"

While Desmond did have a point, you weren't in the mood to talk about it, let alone tell him about the whole gun thing.

"Fine."

You sigh in frustration as you hear the dial tone.

While it's true that Desmond is warmer to you than he was in high school, you still get the feeling that he hates you. But he cares, otherwise he wouldn't nag you the way he does.

You grew up with Desmond. Most of your high school years were spent with him, his twin brother, and Andromeda.

Andromeda was your girlfriend back then as well. You got together freshman year and were together up until yesterday. Maybe that should have been a red flag a while ago.

Desmond used to be your neighbor, but he only got along with you out of necessity. His twin, Alfred, was your best friend. You, him, and Andromeda were really close.

Desmond hung out with you all because of Alfred. Although, you suspected that he is, or used to be, head over heels in love with Andromeda.

You hadn't mentioned the break up to him, so you assumed Andromeda did. Oh well, it didn't matter now. Figuring you might as well tell Alfred before anyone else gets to him, you give him a call.

By the time you had brought your phone to your ear, he had already answered. "(Y/n)!" You could practically hear his big grin.

"Hey, Alphie. You mind coming over and helping me clean up a bit?"

You hear some rustling, wince when something hits the phone, and then hear more rustling before he responds, "On my way!"

"Wait, I'll send you the location. I'm not at my apartment."