Ch 8

Filling out the clipboard of paperwork was extremely boring. Half of the shit you didn't even understand, but Folgers was happy as long as you were working.

Is this what he did all fucking day? How boring.

The time flew by and before you knew it, it was time to go. You didn't really know what to expect considering you were being thrown into everything.

"Go ahead and go, Lard." Folgers says without glancing up from his papers. "And fill this up on your way out," he holds out the empty coffee pot.

"It's (Y/n)," you say as you grab the stupid pot and exit his office. Man, was everyone here an asshole?

You head to the break area and start another pot of coffee for that douche bag insomniac. To your surprise, another worker was in there. He glared at you when you had first entered.

Yeah, everyone here was just an asshole.

This woman came into the break room and looked between you and the angry worker. She had dark skin, curly black hair held back by a handkerchief, and toned muscles. "Which one of you is the newbie?"

You raise your hand a bit awkwardly and wave. "I am."

"Come with me," she says before ducking out of the room.

You follow and jog to catch up with her. "Are we fixing to leave?"

"Yep!" She gives you a warm smile. "I'm Sunni, nice to meet ya!"

You can't help but smile back. Finally, a nice person. "I'm (Y/n)." She leads you to the back where a group of people were packing up a truck and milling about.

"This one is gonna be fun," Sunni exclaims with an excited glint in her eyes.

A man with scars wrapping around his arms put his arm around you. "Don't ever drop your guard are Sunni, newbie. She's sweet but she can pack a punch. Keep that in mind before you piss her off."

"Um.. okay," you say, looking at Sunni who was nothing but smiles and bounces of excitement.

"I'm Fox, by the way," he says.

"(Y/n), nice to meet you." You look at him and notice he had brown eyes so light they were practically yellow. "Anything else I should know?"

"Hmm," Fox points to a man who you recognized but couldn't remember his name.

"That's Skeever. He acts like tough shit but he's the sweetest guy ever when you get to know him." He then points to a younger guy with platinum blonde hair, an ear full of piercings, and a killer neck tattoo. "That's Vex, he's a jack of all trades kind of guy. Don't say anything about his style, he gets pissy about it." He then points to the final person in the group. She had long brown hair, a short stature, and a stern face. "That's Rune. Not much to say about her other than she's crazy smart. I can't even count how many languages she speaks. She's pretty chill, but not much for idle conversation. Well, at least from my experience."

"Okay.. I'll try to keep all of that in mind," you say, trying to remember everything he had said.

Skeever walks up to you and Fox. "Hey, princess. You ready to get on the road?" He smirks.

"Still not princess," you remind him.

"Come over, Skeever. Let's get this show on the road," Vex says, hoping into the back of the truck.

"Alright, alright. Let's head out!" Skeever jumps down onto the ground and heads towards the front of the truck.

"Rune, you better sit up front with Skeever. Keep him from getting lost. Newbie, you're in the back with the rest of us." Fox says.

Rune nods and heads up front while the rest of the group hoped into the back. In terms of seating, there was none. You either had to lean against the wall and hold on for dear life or sit on the floor and hold on for dear life.

Fox laughed as you cling to a box. "The truck hasn't even started yet."

"You get used to it," Vex says as Skeever starts the truck and whips it out of the docking station.

"Weee!" Sunni yells as she slides across the floor during a sharp turn. "It's actually really fun!" She bumps into you and sends you sliding into the back wall.

"Yeah... fun." You try to find any sort of hold before Skeever's haphazard driving made you sick.

🥀

Fox was right, you eventually got used to it. Once you got on more populated road, Skeever chilled out on the gta driving.

You weren't prepared, however, for everyone to get extremely serious. Even Sunni lost her cheery attitude. The back of the truck opened and Rune called out orders to everyone. You didn't understand half of it except for the positions.

"You. Newbie. Grab section 6G and place it west." She directs.

"Uh..." You look at her with clueless eyes.

She sighs. "Bring that sack and place it with the other crates."

"Got it!" The small sack was surprisingly deceptive. That motherfucker was heavy. It was filled with a bunch of small boxes that jangled a fuck ton. "Jesus, what the fuck is in here," you mumble.

"Don't ask question, j-"

"Just do it. Yeah, I know," you interrupt her. You brought the sack out of the truck and walked it over to where the crates were, standing beside Sunni who had just dropped one off. A good twenty feet away stood two men. One was standing so straight you wondered how he was breathing, and the other was waving at you.

Wait.

Why the fuck was he waving at you?

"Oooo," Sunni whispered in your ear. "Somebody's in troubleeee~"