Ch 6

Ice ran through your veins when he opens his mouth to speak.

"Would you consider working for me?"

That was it? A fucking job offer?

"Huh?"

"Would you consider-"

"No, I heard you. I'm just confused. Why do you want me to work for you?"

"I can't disclose that information."

"Why?"

"I can't disclose that information either."

"Fine. Then what can you tell me?"

"Nothing."

How the hell were you supposed to decide then.

"Yes or no, son."

You had no idea what saying yes could lead to, and no seemed like death. It was really your only option.

"Fine."

"You'll work me, then?"

"Yes. I'll work for you. I'm still confused, though. None of this makes any sense," during your ramble, you fail to notice him walk closer to you.

"Sorry, kid. I'll see you in a little bit."

"What are y-"

You didn't have time to finish before his fist smashed into your face and you fell to the floor.

🥀

You woke with a start. Your whole body felt very uncomfortable. Your arms were numb and you suddenly realize you couldn't see anything.

"Hello?" You call out hesitantly, your core tightened in fear at your unknown surroundings.

"And sleeping beauty awakens," you hear a voice to your left. "You were out for quite a while there, Princess."

"Hey, where the fuck am I? And why can't I see jack shit!?" Your breathing speeds up as the claustrophobia settled in.

"Riggs must have hit ya pretty hard, huh? His punches hurt like a sonnavabitch. I remember my first one, back in the good ole days," Mr. Nostalgia said, completely ignoring your increasing panic.

Next thing you knew, you were squinting around the room after having whatever was covering your face taken off. The man before you was tall, lean, and had a hard look to him. He had a scraggly beard and deep set eyes ringed with dark circles. His eyes were a startling blue and his teeth were slightly crooked and yellow. He definitely wasn't a guy you'd want to pass on the street unless you wanted to lose all of your money.

Once your eyes adjusted, you took a look around the room. It was fairly simple. Concrete floor that was slightly sloped towards the middle of the room, a rusty drain in the center of it all. Blood stains were faintly visible in splatters around the room. The walls were yellow, the wallpaper peeling up at the floor. A few rat droppings were littered in the corner and there were no doors or windows in sight.

There was single light fixture above you and the only piece of furniture in the room was the chair you were sitting on and a stool a couple feet away.

"So, my job for now is the watch your sorry ass until Boss gets back. Entertain me for a bit, Princess."

You try to stand up only to realize you're strapped to a chair. You jerk your arms and grunt in frustration when you realize it's hopeless. Mr. Nostalgia grins and leans over you. "You ain't going no where, Princess."