Ch 3

The next couple days flew by surprisingly fast. Picking up trash, restoring holes, scrubbing floors, and browsing for furniture was rough, but it would all be worth it in the end. You hadn't really decided what style you were going for yet, but you knew you'll figure it out later. Sore muscles was part of the job, and you were grateful for the distraction they caused. Can't have intrusive thoughts if your muscles are screaming in pain.

You were being a little dramatic, though, in all honesty. You weren't having thoughts of murder or suicide. You just couldn't get your mind off of Andromeda. The same questions still lingered. Who was she really? How much did you not know? Has she been hiding anything else from you? While you did feel hypocritical, you figured pulling a gun on somebody was way worse than hiding your feelings.

After days of endless wondering, you decided to give in to the curiosity and gave Desmond a call.

Desmond was a whiz with technology, specifically security. If anyone had dirt on Andromeda, it would be him. If you're crafty enough, you might be able to persuade him to give you surveillance footage as evidence.

..maybe you were getting ahead of yourself. This was to prove Meda is innocent, right?

"What."

"Wow, you sound happy to see me," you say, rolling your eyes.

"I'm busy. What do you want?"

"Spying on me doesn't count as actual work." You joke.

To your surprise, he doesn't laugh. Instead, he clears his throat awkwardly and says, "Well, whatever. What do you need?"

You brush off his weird reaction after being reminded of why you called in the first place. "I'm your best friend, right?"

"Yes," he says hesitantly.

"And you'll do anything for me, right?"

"No. Get on with it, what do you want?"

"Okay, fine. I have some questions about.. someone's past. Can you give me the info?"

"Someone can be anyone. I need a name. Preferably full."

You were starting to get the feeling that this wasn't a good idea. "Andromeda."

His silence worried you.

"Not because I'm being petty about the break up! I just have some questions I'd like answered. Can you do that for me?"

It took a minute before he spoke. "It depends on your questions, (Y/n). You won't like some of the answers I have for you. Are you okay with that?"

Were you? This was supposed to be good news, not make you more suspicious. Desmond was supposed to tell you she had no bad record.. Something in you knew this was a bad idea. Ignoring the pit in your stomach, you go against your gut feeling. "I understand that some answers aren't going to be what I want," you tell him.

"Alright, then. What would you like to know?" You could hear swift typing in the background after he stopped speaking. It was kind of odd how willing Desmond was.

"Does she have a criminal record?" This seemed like the most obvious question to you.

"No."

Relief flooded you. "Thank god. You really had me worried there, Desi."

"I said she had no criminal record. That doesn't mean she hasn't done anything else. Also, don't call me that."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

He sighs deeply. "I'm not really supposed to tell you. But I can give you a lead, if you're smart enough to follow it." As he said that, your phone buzzed with a message from him.