Chapter 6

I frown as I continue to beat into the punching bag in front of me, music blaring from the headphones on my ears while I imagine that arrogant face of my mate is the punching bag, pictured that smug yet sexy look being pummeled for his coldness towards me. Suddenly my headphones are grabbed from behind me and I stop mid swing to see who it is that is bothering me.
“Hate to know who you’re thinking about right now.” Liam stands there giving me his usual carefree grin and I sigh, motioning for my friend to hand the device back to me -which he does- so I can turn them off
“My mate.” I answer putting the headphones on the bench beside me and taking the offered water bottle from my friend.
“Wait? He’s here?” Shocked, Liam looks around the room and I can picture his ears perked and tail wagging as he wonders who his King will be.
“Not just here. He owns the lands we are on and is an Alpha.” I grumble out.
“But the only Alpha is…No!”
“Yes. Damon Frost is my mate.” I Confirm, the look of disbelief and shock my friend shows being the complete opposite of my frown and anger.
“You should be celebrating!” I chuckle at Liam’s enthusiasm as I take a seat and sigh. He’s right, I should be happy and celebrating but I know I can’t.  The inevitable is coming and I can feel it.
“Trust me, I wish I could.” I retort back with sadly.
“So why don’t you?” Sitting beside me Liam allows me to lean into his arm for comfort as a lone tear falls from my eyes.
“He thinks I am a maid. You know the rule this pack has and its only a matter of time.” I answer quietly. We sit in silence as Liam takes in my words, his face now clear of any emotions.
“I did this trip to find my mate and get to know them without the Princess Status to know for sure if he wants me for power and fame or if he wants me for who I am as a person. If I tell him now before he gets to know me, he’ll only want me as the Princess and not as Bella.” I break the silence after some time, Liam’s comforting presence leaving me feeling safe to voice what has been running through my mind.
“Then that’s his loss. You deserve someone who loves you for you.” I pull away to see Liam staring down at me, his gaze and tone holding something I cannot pinpoint but one thing is true, I know what ever happens that I have my friend to help me through it.
“But give him a chance to get to know you Bells. He may even accept you as his mate. We only get one soulmate in our life.” With that Liam gives me a final hug before he leaves me alone to my thoughts. With a long sigh, I spring to my feet and grab the headphones before heading towards the elevator. Tomorrow will be the tour of the lands and I need to be well rested if I want to face my mate.