Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Bells, we are here." Liam's voice wakes me from my sleep as the feeling of a warm embrace helps to remove the stone cold loneliness caused by the rejection. Rubbing my eyes, I look around and realize that I am still in Liam's lap but instead of the interior of the Hummer I am met with the interior of the plane.
"Where are we?" I ask, my voice still groggy from sleep.
"At your uncle's pack." Liam answers with a chuckle, pulling the hood off of my head. Relieved that I am no longer in Frost Moon, I slowly stand with the help of Liam and move towards the exit. The vast forest is the first thing to catch my attention with the multitude of pine, maple and birch filling the air.
"There is my little Bella!" Someone calls out bringing a grin to my face even if the morning air is filled with grey clouds and a light drizzle of freezing cold rain. The Alaskan air is as fresh as ever, reinvigorating me as I climb down the stairs with Liam sticking close behind me. My uncle, Sebastian Grey, is waiting below with arms open wide, arms that I fling myself into and breath in his scent of pear and maple.
"Your mother called and told me the situation. I am so sorry my little Bella." My uncle whispers, placing a soft kiss on my temple.
"It's because of the rule their pack has." I whimper out, tears falling from my eyes. Thunder sounds around us as the pain explodes inside me, but I control it as much as possible, not wanting my powers to go even further out of control and placing Grey Pine in danger. This is my second home deep in the Alaskan wilderness, a place I can be myself away from the Royal Court. I do not want to accidentally destroy it because of a broken heart. After a few moments of breathing deeply to calm myself, I pull away from my uncle to see my cousin Aiden standing just to the side with an awkward smile on his face. I wave to him, knowing that next year he and his mate will be taking over Grey Pine, and follow my uncle to the Jeep he has waiting for us. I climb into the back seat as Liam joins my Uncle in the front. Macie surprises me by sitting beside me, a smile on her lips as she takes my hand.
"Your mother warned me your powers might go out of control because of the ... situation." My Uncle begins explaining as the Jeep is put into gear and we drive away from the small air field.
"With that being said, I plan to bring you to a secluded area so you can cry your heart out and not worry about the pack."
"Does Grey Pine know what happened?" I ask, worried for the wolves I have grown to know since I was a pup.
"Not the full extent, but I did warn them the weather will be rough due to your pain. They understand and wish you well." Thankful for the wolves in Grey Pine's understanding, I keep myself as put together as I can, reminding myself that I can cry when we are safely away from everyone else. Macie squeezes my hand encouragingly as Liam and my Uncle talk about the safety of the secluded area and what provisions have been made for our stay there. I focus on the forest outside, wondering if I will be able to control my powers one day and if the pain I am feeling will disappear. The rain continues to pitter patter against the car but thankfully no downpour occurs. I can do this; I can hold myself together long enough.
Pulling my headphones out of my bag, I plop them over my ears and search my phone for something light to meditate to. Ryder always made me meditate as a pup when I had no control over my powers. He would sit with me, telling me to breathe in and out just like this recording is doing. Would put me into a stare of zen. Right now I need that state. My mind wanders to the sounds of the meditation, melting away till I feel nothing but numbness.
"We are here." A hand shaking my shoulder causes me to jump and I see my uncle looking at me with a chuckle. I guess I must have found the state of zen as we were no longer near the pack.
"Sorry I was-"
"Meditating, I know. Ryder used to make you do it all the time. I still have a scar on my back from the hurricane you summoned here when you were five." My uncle cuts me off smiling, guilt welling up inside me. My uncle holds out his hand for me, waiting for me to take it -which I do- and helps me out of the vehicle. I am hit first with a cute little cabin situated beside a small pond. Leo and Macie are already bringing our bags inside as a light drizzle of rain covers us. Had it been nice and sunny this would have been a picturesque view.
"Your parents will be here in a few days. Right now take the time to cry and heal your broken heart." Uncle states as he leads me into the cabin with his arm around my shoulder. Stepping through the door, the rich wood smelling like pine just like Liam, I am amazed by the interior that greets me. A roaring stone fireplace is along the back wall, the flames warming the cabin and fighting off the cold damp air caused by the rain. Infront of it is a blush sofa with throw blankets handing off the back and a fluffy rug that I want to cure up on in my wolf form. Beside the entrance to the left is a cozy kitchen with a small dining table fit for four people, Macie already making what looks like cookies while humming a tune. On the right is a stair case with shelves built underneath it filled with books and a door that is slightly ajar, giving me a glimpse of a bathroom.
"There are four small rooms upstairs." Liam states coming down the stair case, a smile on his face as he walks over to where I stand with my uncle. I nod, asking which room is mine before bidding my uncle good bye as he has to make it back to his pack to take care of business and heading up the stairs to change into dry clothes. Entering my room, I am once again shocked by the beautiful design. Underneath a large window is a double bed, the frame made of pine wood, the smell permeating the room. Running my hand along the bedding, I find it soft and warm, perfect to curl up into. The dresser just to my left is an antique and my suit cases sit just beside it. Lifting the suitcase onto the bed, I unzip it and find some dry comfortable clothing, deciding on a pair of leggings and a long sleave shirt. I quickly change, hanging Liam's sweater on the back of the door to dry while I throw my damp clothes into the provided laundry basket. I am sure there is a washer and dryer here that we can do our laundry.
Once dried and dressed, I decide to crawl into the warm bed and close my eyes. I haven't had time to allow the heart break to run its course and right now I really needed to cry. Taking a deep breath, I no longer hold in my pain and allow the tears to flow. My parents always told me that my soulmate would accept me for who I am. That even if they did not know I am the Heir to the throne, they would get to know me and mark me as theirs. But now that I have found my mate, to know he doesn't want me because of a stupid rule hurts. Thunder roars across the sky followed by a large flash of lightning. The lights flicker in the room but ultimately stay on as tears flow down my face.
"Bells?" Liam calls out as my door is gently push open. I sniffle a sob, curling around my body. The comforter is lifted and the spot beside me dips as Liam's scent wraps around me. Strong arms hold me gently, like a fragile porcelain doll and I find myself clinging to Liam's side.
"I want to be stronger. I don't want the pain to hurt anymore." I sob out, my face buried in the crook of his neck.
"I know Bells. But to get that strength you need to grieve." He answers back in a whisper, fingers combing through my hair.
"What do I do then? How do I become a strong Queen when my mate doesn't even want me?" I ask, pulling away to look into his blue eyes full.
"We train Bells. We will start with controlling your emotions. From there, we get your mother to finally hire the Tutors you need to be a strong Queen." Liam insists, tucking my head under his chin. He is right. For years I have pushed my mother's advice aside as I never thought I would need Tutors. But if I want to be a strong Queen, one without a mate, then I will need her help. My sobs slowly become sniffles as I breath in Liam's scent mixed with the scent of the cabin, a sort of calm numbness coming over me. The only way I can think of to control my emotions is to lock them away, to feel nothing. And so that's what I focus on for the night, shutting each and every emotion away into a corner of my mind.

[Just a reminder that Rejecting His Queen is updated every Friday]