Chapter 6.

Steffanie Boldman.

"Thank you so much for squeezing us in last minute, you are God sent."

I smiled brightly at my nail tech as she handed me back my card. Today was a busy day, It was the launch of my new bathing suit collection for my line and I was beyond ecstatic.

My line was based in Miami, but since the move back to Canada I've been hoping to take my brand internationally especially since I was now living here again.

The process to get permit's was excruciating though, and I was finally handed keys to my new Canada office which actually was a suite in the heart of downtown Toronto. Today, I had a last minute photo shoot for the suits that came in earlier this week and honestly I was beyond anxious.

"See? We did it! 7am and we have a fresh set, fresh lashes and a fresh pussy! Now can we please get some Starbucks before we stand in front of camera's all day?" Melania pleaded grabbing onto my hand tightly.

Coffee did sound nice, we had a long day ahead of us and still so much to do before it actually began.

"Sounds good to me, anything to sideline all this stress I'm under." I muttered as we made our way out of the salon and to my car. "You know what I say is the best stress reliever besides weed? Dick."

I couldn't hold in my laughter as I reversed out the parking lot and onto the main road.

"I think you're getting enough dick for the both of us bitch." A blush rose to Mel's cheeks and I giggled at her antics.

To say she's picked up right where she left off with Za was an understatement. They were both up under each other's ass 24/7, it was kind of gross but I knew that was just my loneliness talking. It was good to see her happy.

"You don't understand Stef! It's like we're 18 again and can't get enough of each other. I've just really missed him you know? Any guy after him hasn't been the same."

I nodded in understanding, the bond between them was special, no doubt. They've always been inseparable.

"Why, because they didn't smoke you out all day and give you stacks of cash whenever you wanted?" Her laughter filled the car before she smacked my arm lightly, "Shut up! It's more than that and you know it big head."

I rolled down my window as we moved up in the drive-thru line, "You're not worried though? Y'know about his double life?" I didn't want to say the obvious but I know she picked up on it.

Justin and Za led the same criminal lifestyle, together. I haven't even fucked Justin and I felt as guilty as sin.

"It's news to you not news to me, Stef. I knew he was involved in a gang since Miami, just not to what lengths I suppose. But what can I say? I love him and Imma stick beside em'." My jaw dropped at her confession as I passed her our coffees before pulling out the drive-thru.

"You've known? For years, Mel and you didn't tell me!" I exclaimed, a sense of betrayal overwhelmed me and I hated feeling that way towards my best friend.

"Steffanie you're like a policema- no excuse me, police chief's daughter. As soon as Za caught wind of that, he forbade me from telling you no matter how much he liked you. In a way I think for both of us, we didn't want you to look at us differently."

I didn't blame her, my perspective was skewed having grown up in a household that abides by the law. Honestly, I wouldn't tell me either.

"But I was no angel back then and you know it. I was fucking that coke dealer at the time for fucks sake!"