Chapter 7.

Steffanie Boldman.

"Reservation for Boldman, party of 2?"

"Yes ma'am right this way if you'd please follow me." My black YSL heels clicked against the glossy floors of Ocean Prime as I followed behind the hostess to my table.

Anxiety bubbled in the pit of my stomach as we approached the table, a recognizable head full of black hair belonging to none other than Antonio Boldman himself.

"Hey Daddy." I greeted my father, his dark green eyes meeting mine with a large smile to match. He stood to his feet upon my arrival and kissed both of my cheeks, typical Italian tradition.

"Hey Princess. You look great, I'm glad you could find time in your busy schedule to sit and have dinner with me." I smiled softly as I seated myself across from him at the table, "Dad, don't be like that. As if you're not busy in the streets everyday stopping crime, right?"

He huffed as he folded his hands across the table, "Not enough. Congrats on your business. Glad to say I made a good investment." On cue, the waiter approached with two glasses of wine, moscato for me and red wine for my old man. "Cheers to you, mi vida, I'm proud of you now and always."

"Thank you Daddy, love you." I took a sip of the sweet wine, after tapping my glass against his. "Ti volglio bene."

A comfortable silence fell over us as we both scanned the menu, "We both know you're getting the same thing as always papa." He chuckled as he closed the menu, "And you?" I hummed as I closed mine as well, "What can I say, I am my father's child."

He showed off as his pearly whites as he smiled at me, "I wouldn't have it any other way tesoro."

Soon after placing our orders, the full plates of food were set in front of us and my mouth watered looking at the juicy New York strip steak infront of me.

"More wine?" The waiter asks and I nodded eagerly holding out my glass, "Just get me a Fiji water please." My Dad requests before shaking his head at me, "You're driving home mi vida, are you sure that's wise?"

I giggled as I cut into my steak before placing a generous amount in my mouth, practically dancing out of my seat at the amazing flavor. Food always tastes better when you're not paying.

"I doubt I'll even make it down the block with you with me. Besides we live in a world where there's something called Uber. Don't worry about me papa."

"I always worry tesoro, it's only my job." He insists as he began digging into his plate himself. I decided to drop it, I was way too engrossed in this food to hear him trying to lecture me on drinking 101. Don't drink and drive, we know.

"Mr. Boldman? Steffanie?" A voice calls out from a nearby table and I swear my stomach dropped to my ass. I knew that voice from anywhere and I prayed to the Gods I was wrong.

But God has forsaken me yet again, and I took a deep breath before looking up to acknowledge Christian who was quickly approaching.

I had to admit he looked like a breath of fresh air, his striking blonde hair fell neatly at his shoulders, and his bright blue eyes were trained on me. Fucking great.

"Ah! Christian what a nice surprise! It's been too long my son, please come sit." My Dad was greeting him way too enthusiastically for my liking and I cringed internally as they shared a hug.

I've always known my Dad was team Christian, for him it was like the son he never had even though he did. Plus he aspired to be a cop, just like my Dad. It was a dream come true. Only for him.

My younger brother just wasn't interested in fighting crime, at least not against it. You'd think after 3 years my Dad would let his fantasies go but apparently not.