Break Up

I went to the Sakura Park and to the tree we're our promise was made. I touch the carving on the tree and eventually punched it.

"You're so pathetic, Natsu! You're a coward! Why can't you fight your love for Lucy?! Tell me! Why can't you fight for her?!" I cried punching hat tree until I can see my own blood dripping in my fist.

I take my bike and drive to Lisanna's place. I need to talk to her the most.

"Lisanna, can we talk?" I said as soon as she opens the door

"Sure." She said, I'm guessing she already knew about everything. I can see it in her eyes.

I brought her at the Sakura Park and showed her the tree.

[Natsu and Lucy Friends Forever]

"What is this?" she asked

"This is the place where I confess to Lucy back when we are kids." I paused "But that was before she got her amnesia. I didn't tell her about that confession, but instead carve this here. You'll probably guess how it turns out." I said forcing a laugh

"She turned you down?"

"Yeah. She likes Gray during those times. And I was so pathetic because even as a child I can't forget my feelings for her until now. I tried to erase it and I thought I did when I met you. I truly loved you Lisanna. It's just..."

"It's just because you still love her? You just make me an excuse for not loving her, for forgetting her! Because you thought she will not love you and turn you down again if you tell her your feelings. Is that it?!" Lisanna said while her tears are falling into her eyes

"Maybe you're right..."

"What?! Maybe I'm right?!" This is the first time I see her in this state. She forced a laugh and turns her back at me.

"You know what, I wish you never loved me. I wish you have just told her how you feel from the start. I wish I'm not hurting right now. And I wish you've never showed me how much you love me, because I love you Natsu!" she said and I can see that she really despise me now. "I know this is hard for all of us, especially Gray, because I know how much he loved Lucy." That is true I know Gray would never hurt Lucy as much I do. All I cause is pain to everyone. "Have you tell her how you feel already?"

"Yes."

"What did she says?"

"She said also love me but...she can't love me anymore, because she's going to marry Gray." I said and Lisanna slaps me really hard.

"I can't blame you for everything Natsu but none of this would have happened if you tell her your feelings in the first place. Gray speaks up when he is drunk yesterday that he saw Lucy's diary and since HS she loves you Natsu, until now she loves you! This is mess up!"

"I'm sorry Lisanna. I'm truly sorry." I said holding her hand.

"We're over. I'm letting you go. Do what you want from now on. You're on your own now. Goodbye Natsu." Lisanna said in tears and withdrew her hand and walks away from me.

---

Normal POV

Lisanna went home crying her eyes up. It's painful for her breaking up to Natsu because she really loves him. But she just can't take how painful it was hearing that he loves Lucy- her cousin.

Natsu didn't go home that night but went to a bar and drink all his might.

Gray felt that the world has fallen into him. His heart shattered into million pieces hearing Natsu say that he loves Lucy. Gray is really broken hearted that he locks himself in his room. Throwing all the things he can see and drinks at his content. He keeps hearing the voice of Natsu saying he loves Lucy. Gray cried until his eyes melt because he loves Lucy so much.

"Dammit! Why?! Why does it turn up to this?! Dammit!" Gray said and throws his glass on the floor

"Gray." Mika said worried behind Gray's door with Silver

"Do you want to call off the marriage?" Silver asked

"Do you think I can answer that in this situation huh?! Leave me alone! I just want to be alone now please." Gray said. Mika and Silver leave Gray's door. Gray drinks the whiskey on its bottle and breakdown to the ground.

"Lucy..." he said and cried

Lucy locks her up to her room, crying on her pillow thinking about how painful her situation is. Layla went to her room and talks to her daughter.

"Lucy, can I talk to you please." Layla said sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Mama, I'm sorry for yesterday. We didn't mean to leave on purpose." Lucy said and went for a hug to Layla

"I know Princess. I know you can't do such thing." Layla said brushing Lucy's hair

"Mama, I love Natsu."

"You do?" Lucy nodded

"But I'm still going to marry Gray. I don't want to hurt Gray so I'm going to forget about Natsu and marry Gray instead."

"Lucy do you even hear what you are saying? If you continue to marry Gray, you'll just hurt each other's feelings. If you don't love him, we can't force you to marry him. I want you to choose who you want to love and marry. Do you think Gray will be happy if she marries the girl who doesn't love her? Gray also has the right to choose the girl she love but he also deserve to be happy. You deserve to be happy Princess. Will you be happy with Gray?" Lucy didn't respond but cry on her mother's shoulders

After Lucy fell asleep from crying, Layla is also affected in the situation. She doesn't want to see her daughter to fall asleep crying and hurt. She went to Jude and talked to him.

"Jude, let's cancel their marriage please. I don't want her to marry Gray if she's not going to be happy with him."

"I can't still forget what happened earlier Layla. Natsu is a shame to his family."

"Hey Jude, don't say that. I know the kids act on their own, I still want our daughter to be happy. We can't force her to love someone."

"Then can you tell me what their relationship is this past 2 years? A game? Did they think everything is a child's game?"

"Jude, please reconsider. If you are going to contradict in my decision then live in America on your own. I won't force my daughter to marry Gray. And I'm going to stay with her here in Japan." Layla said and exited Jude's office

---

to be continued...