Ch.7 Darkness

Jaskier was walking through the woods. The sky was completely dark, almost completely engulfed by darkness, he shivered in the cold night air. Geralt's cloak covered him fully from the cold. He wasn't particularly enjoying the weather but he knew it was better than losing his memory of the past few decades.

He managed to pack his things and leave once everyone had gone off to bed, the only things he left behind was his lute, he even managed to say goodbye to Roach. He was planning on heading south.

Jaskier sighed, looking around helplessly, the moonlight illuminating the path in front of him. "..Come on...it's not that far...I can walk it...." He mumbles softly under his breath as he picked up his pace, he could walk down a mountain all the way to caingorn so what's the difference here.

~~~~
Geralt woke up to a knock on his door, he rubbed his eyes blearily and opened them. by the strong smell of perfume he already knew who it was. The Witcher grumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. getting out of bed to open the door. "Jaskier's gone." Yennefer states as soon as he opens the door to see her face.

"He left his lute, I can no longer trace him." She continued, "He'll die out there if we don't find him." She said urgently. "I have searched every nook of this forsaken place, every crevice, every cave. But I cannot find him." She exclaimed.

The Witcher sighed before turning around, "He couldn't have gone far." He answered nonchalantly, he can't allow his thoughts to go down those paths, they will lead to the same conclusion as Yennefer's. He wouldn't lose him again, he won't let him suffer or die in any way because of him.

"We should head to the closest village, I'll portal us there." Yennefer suggested.

"No. I'll take Roach I'm sure Jask has left behind something down his path." Geralt stated, already heading for his room to get properly dressed.

Yennefer sighed frustratedly, "Fine. If your sure, I do hope he hasn't frozen to death." She added.

Geralt doesn't respond to her statement he has a gut feeling the bard is fine, he manages to survive so many times. "I'll go talk with Cirilla. tell Vesemir everything." He said.

~~~~
"Why can't I go with you." Ciri protested, she looked between the two men, crossing her arms. "..It's dangerous and you still need to train." Cirilla huffed.

"I've trained enough and Vesemir will have me read every single book about bestiary which I know much about.." Ciri complained.

"Good, we'll do potions now." Vesemir interrupted her. "The more you learn the stronger you are."

Ciri groans, "Fine.." She says in defeat.

Vesemir turns back to face Geralt, "She has been improving immensely."

Geralt nods slowly, "You're doing well.." He agrees with a smile, pride radiating off of him. Geralt could feel himself relax every since Ciri has joined him, it gave him a reason to live.

He climbs onto Roach and gently guides her towards the direction he hoped Jaskier had taken.

When he found his way down the mountain and reaching the nearest town it was raining and snowing heavily, Geralt carefully steered Roach to avoid the muddy puddles making it's way around the road leading towards the village.

He knows he should've taken the offer Yennefer had given him but he just couldn't fully trust her after what she's done at least not yet. He needed time to process everything that had happened and figure out where he stood with her.

Yennefer on the other hand was already at the village it was some time later when she spotted Roach and Geralt, she decided to make her way over quickly, using her chaos to dry herself off.