Ch.13 Book

Geralt sat down on his bed, book open in his lap, trying to focus on the words in front of him. He had taken to reading every night of the week. Ciri was right this book pretty much showed some parts about Jaskier's life as if somebody had already knew everything he was about to do or discover.

He was starting to learn a lot about Jaskier things some would know if they'd actually make conversation. Like what his favorite color was, where he was from, where he used to live. Stuff like that. Some things though were just personal things that Jaskier didn't seem to particularly care about sharing with people. it was when he'd land upon the page Rience had captured Jaskier.

At first he was about to read it when Yennefer  walked into the room. Geralt hadn't noticed her enter due to the way his eyes stayed fixed on the first couple of words, but when he did notice her walk in he set the book down onto the nightstand, not bothering to close it properly.

"Still reading?" Yennefer asked. Her eyes narrowed as she studied the book.

"What happened to Jaskier?" Geralt asked, deciding to ignore her question. Yennefer let out a frustrated sigh before sitting down next to him.

"..What do you mean what happened to Jaskier?" Yennefer inquired.

"What did fire fucker do?" He questioned again, looking directly at her. Yennefer looked away, avoiding his gaze.

Yennefer finally looks him in the eye, "Why are you so interested, did he not tell you?"  She asked cautiously.

"I just want to know." He says his expression hardening.

Yennefer let out another sigh, "Well, he was burnt badly.."she pauses for a bit staring at Geralt, "I don't think it's my place to tell you everything that has happened to him." She adds quickly.

Geralt looks away from her piercing gaze, "Just answer the damn question Yennefer." He demands, glaring slightly at her. She scoffs, she wasn't expecting any less. She took a deep breath and continued.

"Fine, but don't come to me complaining when the bard yells at you about knowing all of this." She starts, then continues, "He was tortured slowly and painfully because fire fucker himself wanted to know about your whereabouts. He kept pestering him about it and kept asking questions about you. Jaskier surprisingly refused to tell him anything.."  She explains, watching his facial expression closely.

Geralt's face contorts into an angry scowl.  "That fucking..."

"Bastard, I know." Yennefer interrupts, her tone harsh, "Now let me finish."

Geralt hmms in response.

"I saved him just when the fucker was about to put his fingers on him." She finishes.

"He was about to.." Geralt mutters, clenching his jaw and staring at her blankly.

"Yes.." Yennefer replied coldly. "But I stopped him before he could." Geralt stares at her, his eyes wide with a somewhat shock expression.

"Thank you, Yen." He murmurs, his voice barely audible.

"You're welcome." She responds softly. A silence fell between them, Geralt thinking and Yennefer knowing. "He's okay, Jaskier is fine." She says, attempting to make him feel a little better. Geralt nodded his head.

"I know." He whispered, his thoughts elsewhere. Yennefer watched him carefully, studying his features but nothing came of it, like it usually had.

"Are you going to continue reading?" She asked, tilting her head. Geralt snapped out of his trance, shaking his head slightly.

"Yeah.." he says, looking over at the book on the nightstand. He picks it up again, skimming over the pages, his eyes flicker over to supposedly 'Jaskier's portrait' on the inside cover before focusing on the words, '...His past, his true identity, who he really is.'