Ch.12 Red

A couple weeks had passed and Jaskier was still trapped inside the castle, he was positive that nobody knew where he was held captive. He knew he was supposed to be terrified but all he could feel was emptiness.

And an intense desire to escape, He had spent many days trying to devise the perfect escape, every idea that popped in his head ended up being wrong. But the more he tried, the more ideas that seemed good came rushing back at him. Finally, after much struggle and frustration he had found a possible solution to his predicament.

The castle was old, built around ten thousand years ago, with intricate detail. It looked incredibly complex and ancient to the untrained eye but Jaskier knew exactly how to fix this issue, he knew exactly how to build himself freedom there was cracks in the wall of his room he spent hours feeling the walls for that one gust of wind that would be enough for him to escape.

It was the sixth week when he finally felt that wind behind his bookshelf, Jaskier felt hope fill his heart once again and he began pacing around it had been a month since he had been imprisoned, there was no way to test or prove whether or not his plan had succeeded so far. All the same, he was desperate.

And he needed this plan to be perfect..

That also meant he had to fool Fyzrel into thinking he was comfortable living here, he had to act and thank the gods and lords he was good at it. So naturally Jaskier had been taking advantage of his new found freedom every chance he got.

To escape he needed the right tools for it, he started with the red mineral pigments, they weren't easy to come by but luckily Jaskier had spotted one of the succubus painting, her name was Ida and she loved art.

She was fascinated about it, she would paint whatever she had seen. And Jaskier, being the wonderful person that he was decided to ask her if he was able to use her red mineral pigments.

She said no,

"I thought you succubus are supposed to obey their masters?" Jaskier teased making her blush and glare at him. "I am not giving you my precious pigments to relieve your boredom." Ida explained.

Jaskier let's out a soft chuckle, "Please? I just want to use the red one specifically." he pleaded, "I need it desperately!" He added.

Ida stares at him suspiciously, wondering why he would want red mineral pigments, "For what?"

"The color red symbolizes something passionate, something sexy, something mysterious.. it's very intriguing." Jaskier answers.

"Very enticing...." Ida repeated quietly.
Jaskier nods, "Exactly! You must understand this concept very closely, you are the only woman I know who would know it's true meaning." He tells her, "So please, I will give you anything in exchange, I'd even offer you in a chance to paint my body!" he adds, winking.

Ida rolls her eyes, "You are ridiculous.." she remarks,

"Come now, I don't think you would turn me away, would you?"

"I wouldn't." Ida replies with a shrug.

"Then it's settled then!" He announces excitedly grabbing a brush and placing a hand over his chest pretending to faint dramatically, "You see this gorgeous man right before you, begging you to draw his form for you in a way no other has ever been drawn before. I have the most beautiful hair and the bluest eyes. My legs and feet are so shapely.. My back muscles are so defined.. I'm perfect!" He continues dramatically before dropping the brush.

Ida lets out a small chuckle, amused by his antics, before replying: "You're certainly something else.." she responds.

"Ah!" Jaskier exclaimed excitedly, "How kind of you to agree with me." He adds, "Now.. please?" He offers, gesturing toward the brushes in front of him.