Ch.1 Coma

༻❁༺

Jaskier didn't remember the injury. Absolutely none of it.

He woke up curious, asking dozens of questions about where he was and what had happened. Geralt deemed the interrogation over when he started asking what year it was, (which by the way had been quite a while)

He couldn't conceal his relieved expression as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind Jaskier's ear.

Geralt remembered feeling a light vibration from his medallion when being near the bard, over the years there were no trace of magic on Jaskier so he was quick to ignore it carelessly.

"Geralt- what happened to me?"

"I'm not sure, do you not remember anything-"

"Geralt.." He gave Geralt a look. "..My head hurts,"

The day of the incident all the witchers, mages, Jaskier, Ciri had celebrated pretty heavily he remembered how everybody was so happy that Cirilla was ok after all that's happened. It was a lot to take in at that moment. But things worked out fine up until dusk had came around.

The bard started acting strange, instead of singing songs and drinking with everyone else he was wondering around Kaer Morhen with a dazed stare as if he was searching for something or someone.

"Hm..should I get you anything?"

"Yes, water would be lovely.." Jaskier smiles warmly even though he knows his head was pounding.

Geralt moves away from the bed to leave the room only to be stopped by Jaskier.

"Geralt? I don't mean to be a nuisance but can you possibly squeeze in a meal as well? I'm feeling ravenous."

"That's all?"

Jaskier nods wincing slightly when he felt a light throb, "When you return, maybe we can talk about what happened?"

"We will." Geralt simply says turning to leave once again he was lucky to escape but still managed to hear everything the bard

"Oh, thank you!"
༻❁༺

As soon as Jaskier was able to sit up (of course staying in bed).

Yennefer was the one to visit him he wanted to not trust the powerful mage after what she's done to Geralt and Cirilla but he just couldn't find himself doing it especially since he feels a new connection towards her.

"How are you feeling bard?" Yennefer asks coming over to sit down on the bed gently, bringing a cold rag to place on Jaskier's forehead to decrease the aches.

"Never felt better." Jaskier smiles but Yennefer knows how he was actually feeling, "I'm waiting for Geralt."

Yennefer hums, "Interesting how the two of us ended up with Geralt after we both made that agreement to be on our own."

"I know," Jaskier sighs shaking his head with a saddened chuckle, "He apologized to me, and I know he means it. What he said to us wasn't right, yes. But he's different now for the better, I see that."

"Don't you see it too?"

Yennefer removes the wet rag from Jaskier's head looking away, "Yes I see it, but I've ruined whatever relationship we had just to have my chaos back, I don't know if he'll ever forgive me."

"Yennefer," Jaskier reaches out for her hand ignoring the hesitation in the back of his mind, this was okay Yennefer has changed too so why would she push a friend away now?

That's if they are considered friends..

"Yennefer, look at me."

So she does, Yennefer places the rag on the table before looking back at the bard, "I get it. I do, I mean I've sung a awful song about Geralt and he shall never know nothing of it. But even I knew my mistake and you know yours, with time Geralt will learn to forgive you."

"What about you, do you forgive me? I've done nothing but treat you terribly Jaskier. Yet you still speak so fondly to me.."

"I forgive you,"

A loud knock comes from outside the rooms door causing the mage and the bard to lose interest with each other. "You don't have to knock on the door, it's always unlocked."

With a twist of the knob, Geralt comes in with a plate filled with last nights leftovers, Vesemir was the one to prepare the dish Eskel was the one to help, he couldn't ask anybody else to make a good meal.

"Getting comfortable?" Geralt questioned the two of them, who both gave him a clueless look. Geralt motioned towards their entwined hands tilting his head as he came over to place the meal on the bards lap.

Yennefer was the one to move her hand away, Jaskier couldn't help but frown a little at the lost contact. "Oh, Geralt we were just talking.."

"Hmm.."

Jaskier gulps watching the Witcher cross his muscular arms against his armored chest. He must've been training before the bard had woken up.

"Were just friends, and anyways I wanted to speak with you about what had happened to me remember?"

Geralt glances over at Yennefer who just looks away feeling shameful, she still felt guilty about what she had done and the Witcher could see that and sense that.

"Yennefer can leave."

"Yennefer can stay, I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her, so she stays Geralt."

Geralt grunts,

"Now, all three of us can sit in this room and talk like civilized human beings."