Ch.9 Portrait

Geralt groans, his eyes feeling heavy finding his surroundings a bit hazy but he could make it out. He's laying on a soft bed with a candle flickering softly on the nightstand beside him, filling the room with warm golden light.

He was back at the inn,

Yennefer lays by his side, seemingly asleep, her face relaxed and calm he couldn't help but find her beautiful. he almost considered this a nice dream when he realized they were supposed to be in that forest.

"Yennefer..wake up.." he whispered leaning closer towards her, She opens her eyes slowly, looking at Geralt. "Your okay.." She smiles sadly at him, the last time they were this close with each other in bed they both were comfortable with each other.

"...Why aren't we in the forest anymore?" he questions.

"I simply didn't trust being alone there with a unconscious Witcher by my side.." she murmurs softly.

"Did you see something?" Geralt asks seriously.

"No, not that I know of, we could return but it's probably too dangerous.. I brought the beasts body, it's just over there." Yennefer replies motioning over at some kind of large body on the floor. "I wasn't just going to leave it there without a examination."

Geralt hums in agreement, sitting up to get a better view of the creature. It looked like a huge white wolf covered in fur, when he looked at the sliced head beside its body it had sharp teeth with. Geralt can see the blood dripping from its fangs onto the wooden floor.

"It's eyes are like yours.." Yennefer suddenly comments, startling him slightly."My eyes?" Geralt asks. Yennefer nods. "They look almost exactly the same, the color was black when it was attacking but when I had taken another look at it's eyes it was golden."

Geralt studies the monster, examining every inch of it's fur carefully; it seemed to be a cursed werewolf but it wasn't. This one was larger than a regular werewolf and the color of it was strange almost reminding Geralt of his extra mutations.

Yennefer suddenly stands from the bed, moving over to inspect the body closely too. "There is still some blood flowing, I think we should take it to Vesemir maybe he'll know."

She says to Geralt, he gives her a brief nod, "..Do you remember anything from earliers events? Anything at all?" She asked, turning to look at him.

Of course the Witcher didn't remember much, "I only remember seeing you." Geralt tells her honestly. "I don't remember anything after that.. did I say something?"

"You said bird," Yennefer told him. "I'm sure that you meant the actual bird, which probably means something important. we have to go. no time to wait when Jaskier's more likely in great danger."

~~~~
Jaskier is led down a dark hallway, past numerous chambers where he sees naked women sleeping, some of them lying on beds filled with blankets, or simply sprawled across the floor. Some of them were sleeping peacefully, others were moaning, some seem restless..

This all reminded him of Yennefer when he and Geralt first encountered her.

Jaskier gulps nervously looking at Fyzrel's confident smirk as he walks ahead of him.

"..What exactly is happening?" Jaskier asks once they reach a room with a single large bed.

"This is your new quarters." Fyzrel informs him. "I expect you to spend the rest of your life here."

"..What do you mean by that?" Jaskier asks frowning. Fyzrel doesn't answer him directly and sits down cross legged on the bed, gesturing for Jaskier to sit opposite him. "Come, let's talk first then I'll answer all of your questions."