A&N - 7

Today was 'the day'. The day when Asad and Nazia were finally tieing the not of life.

For this special day the whole Khan family had gotten up early, the Nikkah was in the afternoon, 12 followed by lunch and ruksati in the evening.

There was a lot of hussel bussel in the haveli, decorators were continuously coming in and out of the lawn, under the supervision of the men, the servants were busy in the kitchen making some sweets while some were rapping some gifts under the supervision of the ladies, Adnan and Arham had gone out to bring the necessities ordered by the ladies.

While Ashar and Shoaib had gone to Asad to get him ready just to see him sitting on his bed doing office work. Sighing at the look in front of them, they went near him and settled down on the far corner of the bed, the only empty place on the bed.

"What are you doing, Asad? It's your wedding in a few hours and here you are doing your office work?" Ashar said with disbelief.

"Haan Bhai Nikkah ke kuch dinno baad jitna kaam karna hai kar lena, but abhi to rok de, aur tyaar hone lage" Shoaib said after seeing Asad's indifferent look after Ashar's questions.
(Yes bro, a few days after marriage do as much work as you want, but stop now and get ready)

" Look, hume tayar hone zyada samay nahi lagta, hume aap log kuch kaam karne nahi doge niche, to itne jaldi tayar hoke hum karenge bhi kya? Isse acha thoda kaam nipta lete hai" Asad stated his reasons which were somewhat valid as Fazia had banned him from doing anything and had sent him up to his room this morning to rest and get ready.
(It does not take long for me to get ready and I know you won't let me do any work downstairs so what should I do after getting ready so early? It's better if I get some work done instead)

Finally nodding Ashar told Asad that her can work only for 1 more hour and then he should start getting ready.

----------------------

On the other side, Nazia was surrounded by the makeup artist, the hair stylist, and her sisters and bhabhis. Her make-up had just started, and the dress was already laid on the bed with all her pieces of jewelry. The hairstylist had started her work on her hair.

In one hour she was done with her hair and make-up and the stylists started helping her to get into the dress. They pinned the dupatta on her head and finished her look.

Nazia was looking mesmerizing in her outfit today, and her make-up just enhanced her look more. Today Asad is going to have a hard time and that was sure.

Ashar made his way to his sister's room after making sure Asad had started getting ready. He could still not believe that it was his little sister's wedding today and that she is going to start a new life now. He was very grateful to Allah that he did not make Nazia leave their house and get married to someone else, cause he did not know how he would handle that.

Knocking on her door he slowly pushed it after hearing a come-in from inside. He went in to see all the girls covering his sister. Looking at him everyone slowly parted showing him a dolled-up, shy Nazia ready to take the next step in life.

Ashar felt his eyes getting moist after looking at his sister. Nazia could not help but tear up as well after seeing her brother there.

Seeing her moist eyes Ashar slowly shook his head, as if to tell her not to cry, and made his way towards her and kissed her head softly.

Nazia could not control her emotions and got up to hug her brother, her support, her first friend. Ashar wound his one arm around her shoulder and stroked one hand on her Veil covered head. 

"Ashar, aap aake humari dulhan ko kyu rula rahe hai?" Shazia said, sniffing a bit, imagining her wedding day, when her brother had also come to meet her and their emotional encounter.
(Ashar, why are you making our bride cry?)