S&A - 9

"Well, she is stable now, but it's risky if she does not wake up in the next 48 hours" Aaleyah heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that she is stable but the next news brought all her tension and fear back.

Nodding at the doctor and after thanking him Shahzain wound his arms around her in a tight hug.

"Shh.. sab thik ho jaega. She is stable now. Aur Asin bohot strong hai, dekhna wo jald hi uth jaegi. Tum bs hosla rakho"
(Shh.. everything will be alright. She is stable now. And Asin is a strong girl, she will get up soon. You just keep your hopes up)

"Wo uth jaegi n, Zain?" The innocent look in her eyes as she looked up at him for assurance tugged at his heart. Burying her head on his shoulder he planted a kiss on her temple, "Uth jaegi"
(She will get up, right Zain?) (She will)

Aaleyah felt at peace in his arms, reassured that everything was going to be j
ust fine. She needed this, needed him, and this time he was here. Right beside her, comforting her, seeking his warmth one last time she pulled back and looked up at him. She knew, as long as he was with her, everything will be alright.

"Did you call her family? Where are they?" Shahzain asked as it was almost dawn now and no one from her family was there.

"A few years ago, she lost her parents in an accident. I have called her brother but he was in another city so it will take time for him to reach here. Let's wait till he comes?" Nodding his head at her, he went off to get some coffee for them.

Having drunk their coffee, a nurse made her way to them, "Asin's family? She had been shifted to a room, you can go meet her for a while" Giving both of them Asin's room' information she left.

Aaleyah on reaching the room was nervous to go in. Asin had always been a fun-loving girl. There was no gloomy or sad moment with her around, she had never seen her quiet and sad except for when she lost her parents. Aaleyah was not ready to see Asin on a hospital bed, hooked to wires fighting for her life, she couldn't bare it.

But feeling Shahzain's presence right behind her she mustered up her courage and twisted the door knob. The sight that greeted her was a sight she never wanted to see again. Not only with her friends but not with anyone in her family.

There as predicted Asin was hooked to wires, a heart monitor beeping with steady beats of Asin's heart. She lay there quite almost eerily with closed eyes and a pale face.

Taking a shaky breath in Aaleyah made her way forward toward her bed. Sitting down on the chair she quietly kept her hand on Asin's trying to give her some assurance that she is there for her, just like they would always do when one of them was hurt and needed the other.

***************

Both of them stayed with Asin in her room until a nurse came to remind them that could not stay there for long. It was around 8 am, and both of them had not realized how fast the night had turned into morning.

The night that they were supposed to spend drowned in each other was spent in the hospital in worry of what's next. The only positive out of all this roller coaster ride of theirs was that Asin was okay now and that though not in the romantic setting they has still spent the whole night in each other's embrace, supporting one another.

Their family had called them, and on hearing that Asin is stable now and that Shahzain is also there with her, everyone at home felt at ease.

Just as Shahzain was going to convince Aaleyah to come with him and have something to eat a frantic-looking Hamad made his way to them.

Hamad Malik, Shahzain knew him not only through his family but now they were business partners as well. Shahzain knew how much he love and adored his sister. He could not imagine what Hamad must be feeling right now. He could never fathom it, being so close to losing his only family.