S&A - 3

Disbelief and anger were the only two emotions I was feeling right now. How can he claim himself, my husband, after everything he has done, after everything he had made me go through?

No, he does not get to play the 'possessive and protective husband' role all of a sudden.

"Shohar? Mere Shohar? To ab apko yaad aa gaya ki apki ek biwi bhi hai?" Aaleyah spoke the word 'Shohar' with a scoff and an emotionless laugh in the end.
(Husband? My husband? So you now remember that you have a wife as well?) (Husband)

"Shohar hai n aap mere? To batay mujhe ke mere ye mahan shohar pichle 10 saal se kaha the?" Anger was visible in Aaleyah's eyes and her voice. With each word of her second sentence, she kept stabbing Shahzain's chest with her finger.
(You are my husband, right? So tell me where this great husband of mine was for the last 10 years?)

Shahzain, who was shocked at her sudden outburst loosened his grip on her and moved back with each jab of her finger to his chest.

"Mere is shohar ke dimag mein ye baat ek bar bhi nahi aai n ke mujhe bhi is shaadi ke liye force kia gaya tha? Mein to sirf 13 saal ki thi. Jab mujhe apki zarurat thi tab aap kahi nahi the, chale gae the aap." All her memories were coming back to her. How her mother and father made her ready for this sudden marriage as per her grandmother's dying wish, even if she did not want it. Of how when she needed his support he was not there by her side.
(This thought never came into the mind of my this husband that I was forced into this marriage too, right? I was only 13. When I needed you, you weren't there, you had left)

How when her grandmother passed away and everyone was in a mess and she needed his support he was not there. She understands that it was not easy for him as well, he was not ready as well. But he could have at least talked to her once. Before going? Or even one phone call from him would have been ok, but she did not get anything from him.

"Gae to gae, 5 saal ke trip ko 10 saal ki bana di. Aur usme ek phone call to Kia hota? Ek? Wo bhi nahi hua apse. To ab aap ka koi haq nahi banta ke aap achanak yu aake meri life ke baare mein mujhe bate, ke mujhe kiske saath rehna chahiye or kiske saath nahi. Ye haq nahi hai apke pass." One tear slipped from her eyes as she completed and not giving him another glance she left from there towards her room.
(Even if you went, you converted your 5 years of trip to 10 years. And you could have called at least once. Just once? You couldn't even do that. So now you don't have any right to suddenly barge into my life and tell me who should I hang out with or not. You don't have the right)

Even after 2 minutes of Aaleyah leaving his room, Shahzain was still looking in the direction where she was standing in a daze. When he came to his senses he realized how big of a jerk he was to her.

Her anger was justified now that he keeps himself in her place he would have also hated himself for doing that.

But now that he had come to his senses he wanted to give her all the happiness that she deserved and take away all her pain, also he was a bit selfish as well, he did not want to lose her, ever, and he can do anything to ensure that.

His thoughts broke with the ringing of his phone. He looked at it and smirked while picking up the call.

"Hmm?"

"The work's done, sir." The voice on the other end said.

"Ok good. Did you send the information to me?" Hearing a positive response from the other end Shahzain felt satisfied and hung up the call.

He turned and walked toward the balcony doors looking out at the dark sky, with no moon in sight. Seeing this he could not help but compare his life with the sky as the moon who brought light to the dark sky was missing just as his moon, his wife, his Aaleyah is missing from his life.