S&A - 2

It has been 5 days since Asifa Baig threatened her eldest son to come back home, but till now there has been no news of him. Asifa was feeling a bit down today as she got up thinking if her son even cared about her words or not.

She shook her head to get rid of all the negative thoughts as she believed her son and knew that he will come this time, not go back.

Getting freshened up and dressed for the day Asifa Baig made her way toward the kitchen just to see her sister-in-laws also coming to help her.

As the ladies sat to have some much-needed morning tea together after preparing the breakfast while waiting for everyone to come. They heard footsteps of someone descending the stairs and turned to find Aaleyah coming down all ready for her college with a bag hanging on her shoulder.

Coming near them she greeted them and sat on the armrest beside her mother, "Ammi aaj thoda jaldi Jana hai, assignment submission hai, to mein abhi nikal rahi hu. Nashta canteen mein kar lungi, bye!"
(Ammi(mom) I am leaving early today as I have an assignment submission. And I'll have breakfast in the college canteen. Bye!)

Giving her mother and aunts a forehead kiss she left the house in a hurry without even waiting for their reply.

Shaking her head at her daughter's behavior Afsa Baig smiled to herself.

Just as the ladies were going to go back to their talks they saw an excited Shameer making his way toward them from their home gym.

Reaching there he sat down on his toes in front of Asifa and gave her his biggest smile. Shameer took her hands in his big ones and told her softly while looking into her eyes,

"Shahzain Bhai wapis aa gae, wo abhi airport pe hai, just land hue hai, 2 ghanto mein ghar pohoch jaenge"
(Shahzain has arrived, he is at the airport now, just landed. In 2 hours he will be home)

"Huh? Kya kaha tune? Zara dohra to" Asifa begum demanded not believing her ears. Did her son really come back? Is he just 2 hours away from her, from his home?
(Huh? What did you say? Repeat it)

"Mein sach keh raha hu Taayi Ammi, bhai yehi hai, bas do ghanto mein pohoch jaenge" Shameer repeated while seeing his cute Taayi Ammi's reaction.
(I am telling the truth, aunty, he is here, in just two hours he will reach home)

"Saach? To hum yaha kya kar rahe hai? Mein abhi uski pasand Dida koi dish banati hu. Itne saalo mein use ghar ka khana kaha Mila hoga?" Saying this Asifa got up from her place with a different twinkle in her eyes and started making her way toward the kitchen. Her sister-in-laws and nephew were so happy seeing her childish side surface that they kept gazing at her just to see her abruptly stop and turn around.
(Really? Then what are we doing here? I'll go make some of his favorite dishes. He must have not eaten home cooked meal in all these years)

Turning around she clearly instructed Shameer, "Shameer aaj koi Ghar se bahar nahi jaega, na tum aur tumhare Abbu, chachu aur Taaya Abbu office jaege na hi bachche college."
(Shameer no one will go out of the house today. Nor you, your father, or uncle will go to the office neither the kids will go to college) (Chachu = Father's younger brother, Taaya Abbu= Father's elder brother)

"Aye aye captain'' giving her a playful salute Shameer made his way to all his cousin's rooms to inform them and to get dressed.

After one hour when all the youngsters of the Baig family came down they saw Adil and Sahil sitting on the couch talking to their grandfather. Going near them they gave both a tight hug and proceeded to the kitchen to meet their fav phupho, Saba.

After all the greetings were done everyone came and sat in the living room waiting for Shahzain to finally come. "Haye! Mujhe to abhi tak yakin nahi ho raha hai ki humara Shah wapis aa raha hai" Saba said with disbelief yet a happy face.
(Gosh! I still can't believe that our Shah is coming back)