5|Gringotts

A/N: You know what? Screw any and all POVs. I'll randomly keep changing them to give y'all mini panic attacks. :P

He slowly opened his eyes. This time the dreams hadn't been horrendous. It was mainly about Harry's last couple years before his death. He had been a professor at a wandless magic school in Antarctica. It had been an enlightening experience to wake up to on his birthday.

Nothing special, except for the fact that he was finally going to reply to his Hogwarts letter which had been in his drawer for a month and go shopping for his supplies. Somethings may remain the same as last time.

"Ah, master, you are awake. Happy birthday", Death said hovering a few inches above the floor.

"Thank you dear Mortem, and where do think Tenebris would be", Hadrian smiled innocently, looking out of a window.

Death sighed and responded,"He is waiting for you in the lobby". The boy nodded and jumped off his bed. Sometimes, having a master so young was exasperating. He had this weird notion that Renee was his 'angel' side and Mortem his 'devil/deathly' side. Tenebris, the bastard, agreed.

The Potter household was bustling. It was the Young Heir's birthday! Hadrian came down and stood behind a curtain. 

"So, when he comes down, we'll pretend that we don't remember. He'll throw a fit for sure! Then when my little godson is busy sulking, we'll bring out the cake and he'll be so happy", Sirius surmised.

"Oh! Oh! We can't forget to tell him about his claiming of the Potter Heir. We'll make sure he knows why we can't let him claim it just yet", James added, excitedly.

Hadrian, who had been rolling his eyes at his 'godfather', froze. So, they actually didn't remember they had another son. They weren't ignoring him. They weren't neglecting him. They had already given him up, years ago. He smiled wryly.

He went back to his room and hastily wrote a reply for his Hogwarts acceptance. He was tired of trying. He had been trying to make them notice him. He would finally accept it. He had been resigned to that fact but now he was finally accepting it.

"Go on, Hadrian, freshen up so that you can go and get your supplies. And remember- every perished Potter ancestor cherishes the day you were born", Tenebris said.

"How... touching, you make my heart smile", Hadrian drawled out.

"Lad, let me tell you something- that attitude will get you nowhere", the older man frowned.

Hadrian just rolled his eyes and walked inside his bathroom.

"It'll do you good to not mind him. We both know that we are not enough to teach him all this. He needs to talk to people, people who can care for him and get inside his shell- which I foresee will be soon. We are not humans, you are a portrait and I, an entity", Death chided and Tenebris was sure that he would have given a sad smile if he could.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

As he stepped out of the floo, a few people looked on curiously as to why a thirteen year old was alone. At least, they thought he was thirteen. He went to Tom, the bartender and asked for a little help with the back wall.

"You see, sir, it's my mother's birthday and I have been saving for a few months to get get her a new robe. We... aren't very... well off, you see", he said, innocently embarrassed.