18|Samhain

A/N: Early Update!! Lucky U

"What did your idiot brother want", Ron scowled in his direction.

"He was telling me to not be stupid and fall for Malfoy's tricks... among other things", Alex answered. His mind wasn't exactly on the present. Dad had said that he had decided to grow up and be serious due to the upcoming war.

"Hadrian's version of events was much different than Dad's version. But it seemed more believable than a person suddenly waking up and deciding to change their ways.

"Hey, what happened? You seem lost", Neville enquired quietly.

"Just... thinking", Alex replied, still distracted. He could almost hear his devil brother's voice remark 'you actually think', in some posh way.

His brother was just so strange. He had seen Hadrian talk softly and politely to one person but become an emotionless and cold husk, the next second. Many people seemed enamored with him but the few that weren't were vengeful and hated him. There was no in between.

And he had only heard his Dad talk once or twice about a Grandfather Charlus, that too negative. How he was very 'pureblood-y' and how much he had disliked the old man.

Alex had, had to overwork his brain to even remember the name 'Charlus'. Hadrian had talked pretty fondly about the man. Alex wondered what had caused the bond.

"Hey Potter Jr.! We are having a party tomorrow after the Halloween Feast. After all, Halloween is when you got rid of You- Know- Who. You're definitely invited", one of the older Gryffindors brazenly called out to him.

Alex grinned widely and gave a thumbs up to confirm that he would be there. Ron got a greedy look on his face at the name of party- which meant more food.

"I'm not taking you", Alex stuck his tongue out at Ron. Neville laughed at the scowl forming on Ron's face which was accompanied by a small pout.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I just wanted to say that although you may think of me as a spoilt Slytherin, we are god brothers. Frank doesn't let me visit Alice but I hope that doesn't change a thing. We are still related, after all. Right", Hadrian asked Neville, expectantly. Neville, for his part, recovered quickly from his shock at such a topic. He nodded.

"I won't ask you to trust me blindly and switch your alliances. You have to trust me on one thing though- we are not who you think. Hang out with me, assume a neutral stance and observe us. I know Lestrange took away your mother from you but revenge is a powerful feeling. Bellatrix was mourning the lose of her dead unborn child. It happened due to a spell from your mother. Don't judge her for acting rashly- I'm not defending her. Just clearing things up. Don't judge me for being a Slytherin. Please don't", Hadrian pleaded softly.

He wasn't lying. Frank had been saved because Rodolphus had felt a ward go off. He had apparated with his wife- who was still trying to curse the couple. They had been on the run with Zenith and Stellan for a long time but them left them with Rabastan- who had proved himself innocent by wording an oath cunningly- after panicking for the children's safety. They had been caught soon after.

"I... didn't know about the last part", Neville blurted out in shock.

"The curse had hit her accidentally but it had impacted her uterus, causing her to never be able to conceive again. I found out from Stellan", He wasn't exactly lying. It was just selective honesty. He had been curious about how it had happened this time round and demanded to know what the boy knew. Stellan was more than reluctant to comply. Eh, it was a story for another day.