10|An Old... Relative

A/N: There will be a bit of violence in this chapter. Just a heads up. (there won't be any if it's just spells)

"Hey Hades! All good? How many times did you make the welp fall flat on his butt", he clapped Hadrian on the back.

"Cedric, I am only here because you did not want to be stuck alone with both Bianca and Daphne. So, behave, I am not obligated to stay. And, for the record, twice", Hadrian's greeting was followed by a light threat.

"Alright, alright. Come on, let's go", Cedric held up his hands in mock surrender.

They walked up to the two girls who were talking quietly in a corner. Daphne stilled as she peered up at them from under her lashes. Bianca's face masked it's emotions and she turned, her sundress twirling lightly. Cedric offered his hand to her, which she gracefully took after shooting Daphne a look.

"I wonder what was being talked about while waiting for us in here", Hadrian drawled with a slight cock of his head.

"I was just telling Bianca how Percival came to know about your latest party and snuck in to try and ruin it. I hope you don't mind me telling her about the revenge you have planned", Daphne smiled prettily, contrasting her recent words.

"Why the hell would you do that! More importantly, who gave you the right to do that", Cedric growled. To her credit, Daphne did not flinch, even though she did look away.

"Now, now, Cedric. I think I can handle my own matters. You, enjoy your date", Hadrian assured Cedric while staring pointedly at Daphne.

"Cedric, let the matter drop. I think I would like to visit the new café in Muggle London", Bianca said softly.

"Of course, come on", Cedric responded. The couple continued their walk to the said café as Hadrian turned to Daphne.

"Let's continue this talk in private", he walked towards the door and Daphne followed after a deep breath.

Hadrian entered an empty alley and turned furiously towards Daphne, who was eyeing the walls warily. She met his glare but looked down and flinched. Was this going to end well for her? No. Was she going to get answers? Maybe.

"Okay, so why the hell did you fucking do that", he asked, picking at his well kept and clean nails. A bored approach and power play.

"You can't just keep me in the dark and not expect me to spread things I hear", Daphne shrugged off-handedly.

"Now, listen here, and listen good, Greengrass", Hadrian stepped towards her and held her wrists. It was going to bruise, she could tell. "Keep that tattling, bitchy mouth of yours shut or I'll shut it for you", he snarled.

"Well, I didn't know you didn't want the plan getting out. You know, things don't work out well when people are kept in the dark", her heart was hammering. This was when she could get at least something out of him.

"Ethan doesn't care, neither does Roger. Hell, not even Cedric cares. And they know, their knowledge about me only scratches the surface", Hadrian threw back. He punched the wall behind her.

"Is this why you tattled? Huh? For fucking useless answers? Not even important ones at that! I am so done with you-", Hadrian was shaking her lightly as she cringed, he knew. And she was trained in Occlumeny enough to know he did not even graze her shields. He just connected the dots.

"E-excuse me? W-what's going on here? Sha-shall I call someone, ma'am? I-is this man troubling you", a timid voice came.

Hadrian's hands dropped to his side and he shut off. He looked to the side, his eyes flickered with an emotion but lost it before she could begin to decipher it. She looked as well, it was a blonde boy with small watery blue eyes. He was... well, healthy. Seemed to be eleven or twelve years. He kept shuffling from foot to foot, nervously.

"I-no, he's a... friend. We just had a misunderstanding", she tried to smile but it came out as a sort of grimace, even she, herself could tell.

"For the record, kid, I am not a 'man'. I am not even fifteen", Hadrian rolled his eyes and started walking away. Hadrian did not walk away like that. Something was wrong.

"You coming, Greengrass", he called.

"Dudders! There you are, dear. Where did you run off to", a voice reached her. She looked back to see a woman approach the kid. She might be 'Dudders' s mother.

There was a sharp intake of breath. She looked towards Hadrian to see him standing there, frozen. If he wasn't already so pale, he might have lost colour right now, with how he was looking at the pair of mother and son. She looked back and forth between the three and frowned.

"I heard something and came here to check. Turns out a couple were fighting", the boy frowned and looked at them.

The woman followed his gaze and saw the two teens standing there. She looked at Hadrian with narrow eyes and then her eyes widened and she froze. 

She mouthed something and as Daphne turned towards Hadrian, he seemed to know what she said.

"No, I- I don't know whom you are talking about. No- sorry. Never heard of her", he took Daphne's hand and pulled her with him. She had never heard him stutter. Never heard him so... unsure.

"Wait! Wait, please, please! Do-do you have any connection to Lily Evans- I mean- Lily Potter", the woman cried out.

"Never heard of her, sorry", Hadrian shook his head and pulled her faster. 

"Hadrian? Hadrian? Who is she? She seems to be a muggle. How does she know about your mother", she asked, between short breaths. She wasn't an athlete, unlike Hadrian.

"I don't know, Daphne. And don't call her my 'mother'. She abandoned her duty and now I don't fucking need her to be there", he hissed and opened the door to the café. He held it open for her and guided her in with a hand on her lower back. The perfect heir's manners.

"Hey, in here, Hadrian!", Cedric stood up and waved them over. As they approached the table, Bianca stood up as well. She must have seen something because she frowned and gave Daphne a once over.

"Woah! What happened to your hand? Merlin, you punched a wall, again, didn't you", Cedric gestured to the bruise forming on Hadrian's knuckles.

"It's not like I was going to punch her- as much as I wanted to", Hadrian rolled his eyes.

"Well, I guess, you hexed your brother, so... yeah", Cedric trailed off as they sat down after of course Hadrian had pulled her chair for her. He was behaving like he didn't just go bonkers on her. Damn that little boy! She got no answers and now, she had a bruise on both her wrists.

"Shall I take your order, sir and ma'am", a waitress approached their table with a notepad and muggle quill that Hadrian sometimes used.

She heard Hadrian place the order for both of them as she came back from a memory when the two of them had argued as to what was better- quills or 'pens'.

A/N:

Okay, I absolutely had to do that. Like, the Dursleys roam the London streets often and the magical world does not have everything. How could they not bump into each other at least once?!

Alright, enough of my rambling. I only put the warning if someone was a bit uncomfortable with the alley scene.

Vote, comment and share... WE'RE ABOUT TO REACH 2K. Let's go get it!

~ Your every grateful author

~ CY 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️