warmth|Jack Fiddler x reader

A/n: Jack is being aged down and y/n being aged up a little as to not have a massive (and illegal) age gap.

It's just a bit of flirty fluff.

Beth tore out of the lodge, I was hot on her heels, pulling on my boots.

"Stay here. Don't want you making anything worse." I ran after them, armed with my flashlight.

"Beth! Hannah!" I yelled. 

"Y/n! Down here!" I hurried to the cliffs edge and gasped at the sight of them.

"Oh my god! Hang on! I'll get you Outta here. Can you fing a foothold,han?"

"N-no."

"Please, she's slipping!" I held out my hand, Beth strained to reach.

"Come on..."

She slipped. I screamed as they fell and moved closer when a clawed hand grasped at my shoulder.

I froze. I didn't know what to do. The thing threw me with a terrifying scream. My head hit a sharp rock and passed out.

"Those stupid kids. Should know better than to run off at night. The damned lodge shouldn't be here in the first place." 

I groaned and squinted in the low lighting.

"Ah, sleeping beauty wakes. Easy, easy. You got a concussion. "

"Where...am I?" The man smiled and took a seat beside me.

"You're at my place. You can get back to your friends later. Once dawn comes, you'll be fine to go."

"Go...where? I don't understand."

"To the ski lodge. You came here with-" I grew more and more confused as he kept talking.

"Looks like you hit your head harder than I thought." I took in his face, the look of concern painted over his face.

"Your friends...you were out in the blizzard. That's why you hit your head."

"I...fell?" He nodded, a face flashed in my mind, i placed my hand on my aching shoulder.

"I thought I saw a monster..." I whispered, he placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Well, whatever it was, you're safe now. Do you want some cocoa, I have coffee as well." I nodded.

"Either will be fine." He smiled.

"Cocoa it is then." I watched his as he stood and started to make the cocoa.

"Why are you helping me?" He pulled a face, as if that question was the most bizarre thing he'd heard.

"Because you needed help. I can't leave a sweet lady out in a blizzard in the middle of the woods. " He mused, handing me a steaming mug of comfort before taking his seat beside me once more.

"Do you live here? On your own?"

"I have to keep these woods safe. For you and your friends as well as any other person that decides to hike the mountain."

"Sounds awfully lonely." He shrugged.

"It is what it is." I nodded, sipping my cocoa.

"Don't you ever want to leave? Go somewhere...warmer?"

"What is this? Quiz night?"

"No. Its 20 questions. If im spending the night here, ive got to keep entertained somehow. And something tells me you dont get to interact like this very often." He sighed.