When he realizes that he loves you

A/N: you are injured slightly in Matt's scenario. you are warned. 

JOSH pov:

I sighed as i sat on a green park bench beside y/n. we both had a bad day of college exams and essays so we decided to hang out. her hair was flying in an array of strands. I'd never admit it but her hair looks the best when it's loose and let down. it suits her soft yet carefree nature. 

'Josh?' she asked and i snapped out of it.

'yeah?' i asked and she laughed before grabbing a tissue and wiping my chin.

'you got ice cream down yourself. do you need a bib or something?' she asked and we both laughed. god, her laugh. It's so soft yet boisterous with a few snorts. I love it, it makes time seem to stop and continue slower. 

'y/n do you want to visit my family's lodge in the winter for our yearly get away? hannah , beth and the whole gangs going. i mean that's if you have nothing to do.' i said realizing how weird and sudden my suggestion was.

'sure. I'd love to.' she beamed at me, her eyes were sparkling, hair was swaying and in that moment I felt so at ease.

'alright! you're going to love it! no parents, no rules, we'll party like we're fucking pornstars!' i exclaimed receiving glares from parents causing the girl beside me to laugh uncontrollably making it impossible to avoid joining in. 

fuck, i think i love her.

CHRIS pov:

I groaned as i opened my eyes and yawned. i then looked around realizing that i wasn't at home. it's Y/n's apartment. 

'morning sleepyhead.' she said and i jumped in surprise. 

'fuck, y/n don't do that to me.' i said and she laughed. her hair was tied back and she was wearing a sports bra and some yoga pants. i then realized how slightly shiny she is. 'did you go for a run?' i asked as i sat up.

'yup. when you fell asleep during our game night, i didn't have the heart to throw you out.' she joked and i rolled my eyes with a chuckle. 

'where's (bro name)?' i asked slightly confused as the two of them are usually around each other. she laughed.

'since he's 22 and not home...he's probably at his friends house still drunk or whatever.' she said lightly though i could see worry in her eyes.

'hey, c'mere. I'll stay with you until he comes back?' i suggested and she nodded before bringing over two plates of toast.  she handed one over and we sat eating in silence.

'i'm glad i met you' she said randomly and i laughed feeling my palms sweat slightly.

'really?' i asked and she nodded with a beaming smile.

'without you i would have called all of his friends in a frenzied panic. and you're one of the coolest people i've met.' she said and i felt my chest clench. 

'malfunction too many compliments.' i said robotically as i leaned into y/n's side until she was almost laying down. she laughed and shoved me off.

in that moment i knew i'd do anything to cheer her up again and see her beautiful smile.

MIKE pov:

I sighed as I sat in the now empty student council room leaning back and staring into the ceiling.

they've refused my idea of having the cheerleaders in a separate room for practice. Y/n always tells me of how the football team always makes a fuss over them and don't play well when they're in the same room. She feels uncomfortable since they're always flirting and being dicks.

I wish i could do something about it. I felt my eyes sting. I want her to feel safe doing the thing she enjoys but what can i do if my idea's been rejected? there needs to be boundaries. 

'Mike?' i sat up straight to see y/n with shining (eye colour) eyes and tied up hair. 

'hey y/n.' I replied trying to hide the frustration i have at the school board. she didn't buy it and took a seat beside me and took my hand.

'Mike, something's wrong. i've known you long enough to know that much.' she said and my feelings caved as i let a few tears fall. i laughed.

'i look pathetic right now. don't i?' i asked and felt her arms around me. it's odd, she's never done anything but hold my hand or rubbed my shoulder to comfort me. 

'let it out.' she said softly.

'i just want to help you. and the girls. you're all so obviously bothered by the unwanted attention of the soccer and football team but i can't do anything! the school board rejected the idea saying there's nowhere else. I don't want you all feeling uncomfortable because of some dicks that feel the need to harass you all.' i let it out and she giggled airily.

'at least you tried. sometimes the only thing you can do is try.' she replied.

man, i think i love her. 

MATT pov:

I grinned as i messed around with Mike in the munroe's garden. What had started off as a simple water fight turned into a full on battle.  

'so, you and my sister?' he asked wiggling his brows and i felt my face heat up.

'what about us?' i asked as i threw a water bomb at him before diving behind a chair.

'come on matt. i've seen the way you look at her and you've been hanging out a lot more lately.'

'with Em!' i exclaimed in defense before he chucked a bucket of water over my head. 

'you can't deny it! man, you got the hots for her.' he pushed and I groaned.

'can we drop it?' I asked taking off my soaked t shirt and Mike doing the same. 

'fine. anyway, you hang with Em recently?' he asked and i nodded.

'yeah. She's ready for this weekend with you.' i replied.

'ouch- MOTHERFUCKER!' we turned and saw y/n on the slippy rough stone floor. we jogged over abandoning our gear. 

'y/n are you alright?' Mike asked worried for her. she nodded.

'yeah just knocked a glass on the floor and slipped into it.' she said revealing the deep cut and little scrapes on her legs. Mike carried her inside and tended to her whilst i picked up the glass.

all the while realizing how much i wished to carry her like that and fix her problems. I smiled to myself. I guess Mike can read a situation better than i thought. 

I do love her.