Bittersweet Chris x reader

The cold air was just what I needed as I leaned sat on the porch. I closed my eyes soaking up the night air.

"Hey. You okay?" I looked to find Chris in the doorway.

"Yeah. Just wanted a breather."

"I don't blame you. Can I... ask you something?"

"Hm?okay."

"Do you ever...do you ever regret the breakup?" I furrowed my brows and looked at the view in front of me.

"I..." I sighed
"it was right at the time. You know? But I mean, after what happened with Beth and Hannah, with the weird thing that attacked me when i got them...I wasn't in the right place."

I heard him Let out a small breath.

"Yeah, I understand."

"But I do now." I looked over to see him tense.

"We had a great run and And...i guess those feelings don't ever really go away." I confessed feeling my face heat up.

"...okay. Well, I'm going back in." The door closed behind him softly. I leaned back and placed a hand to my face tracing over the small scars.

Tears blurred my vision and I let them silently fall.

After wallowing for a minute, I headed back in as if nothing happened.

"Y/n! You staying up for the horror movie marathon?" Josh questioned and I smiled.

"Wouldn't miss it." I smiled and grabbed myself a drink. I smiled as Beth and Hannah sandwiched me between them on the floor.

The main lady ran through the house as a shadow followed behind her. The screen cuts to The floor as her head hits it with the words 'the end' spelled out in her blood.

The weight on both of my shoulders pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked around to find Jess clinging on to Mike and Matt clinging to Emily as she sat unfazed.

Chris and Josh had become a weird bed for Sam as she had her head on Josh's legs and her feet on Chris's.

"Don't start the next film yet. Let's get the sleepy heads to bed." Josh said as he got off of the couch carefully before lifting Sam in his arms.

"Chris, you help Y/n, will you?" I smiled gently and he awkwardly returned it and took Beth.

Hannah woke up when I moved. She went to stand and wobbled. I caught her and helped her up the stairs.

Chris was already there pulling the blanket over Beth as Hannah climbed into bed.

"Night Han."

"Night Y/n. Night Christine." I tried not to laugh as his eyebrow quirked.

We headed downstairs together in an awkward silence.

"Yo! Coachies, you can take Sam's place now." He nodded and sat down. I went to return to the floor.

"There's a perfectly good seat next to Chris." I looked to the blond. He gave an awkward smile and I took the seat beside him.

"Now, let the films continue!"

I sighed trying hard not to fall asleep and looked around.

Emily and Matt already went to bed. Jess and Mike have fallen asleep cuddling. Chris is struggling to keep his eyes open and Josh is hogging the popcorn absolutely mesmerized by the screen.

I struggle to hide my exhaustion and felt my eyes becoming heavier.

I was awoken by the bright light of the windows.

"Morning." I opened my eyes and moved to lift my head.

Imagine my surprise when I say that I'd fallen asleep with my head on Chris's shoulder. I quickly stood up and immediately regretted the swirling dizziness it brought me.

"How're you so...happy?"

"Beautiful night, great movies. Seeing Coachies so happy. It put a bit of a spring in my step."

"Glad Chris enjoyed the movie, final des-"

"He was happy because of you. You know. He's not been able to get over what happened. So when you fell asleep on him...look, I get why you pulled away from him a little. You thought staying the same would hurt more than distance...Right?" I sighed.

"I didn't want to act like nothing happened. That would have been worse. If I'd just continued the way things were It's be like rubbing salt into old wounds. I broke it off because i couldn't cope with what happened and I didn't want to burden him."

"Burden me?" I gulped as Chris revealed he hadn't been asleep. Well either that or he had really weird timing.

"I loved you. You were worth every bit of effort. It hurt so see you like that and the fact that you couldn't talk me...that stung but even then, I loved you. Even Now, standing here a year later, I still can't get over you. How funny you are. How genuine you are.We complimented each other like...pineapple on pizza."

"Shit dude, something less controversial?" I smiled at Josh whist Chris seemed less happy with the interruption.

"We complimented each other like..... hot drinks on a cold day. It still kind of feels like that.only a little bitter." I felt my eyes water.

"You still...even though my face is-"

"no matter what happens to your face or body, You're still the gorgeous girl that I met drenched in the rain waiting for a ride home. You still have the best smile. You're still the sane Y/n I knew last year.only maybe a little more tense...you get what I mean." He took my hands gently in his and leaned close.

"Can we give it another shot?" I smiled.

"You want to? To try again?" He leaned in and pecked my forehead.

"I want nothing more.I would kiss you but...i know how you feel about morning breath." I laughed slightly and gazed up at him.

"thank you." I replied and he grinned.

How I've missed that smile.