Just a second : Matt x reader

the lodge is eerie and quiet since everyone got drunk and passed out. Everyone but me and Matt...my crush.

'who knew Josh was such a lightweight?' I asked with a laugh having a sip of my hot cocoa. Matt chuckled beside me. 

'I mean, who knew you'd refuse a drink?' he said and i laughed.

'yeah, i just wanted to save myself for tomorrow night.' i replied and he smiled.

'It's your birthday tomorrow, isn't it?' i punched him lightly making him smirk down at me.

'you of all people should know what tomorrow is.' i smiled 'you've known me for the longest.' I said and he smiled taking out his phone . 

he sighed.

'i'd better give you this before your birthday. open it whenever you want. I'm going climbing with Mike and the guys tomorrow so I thought you'd appreciate-' I laughed at his long winded explanation.

'I get it. you know you didn't have to get me a present at all.' i said truthfully and he shrugged.

'it's not everyday when you turn 18.' he said and i laughed. 

'remember your 18th?' i asked and he laughed turning his head.

'yeah. you got me the coolest dog tags. i'm wearing them now you know?' he asked and i smiled 

'well, your birthday was only a few months ago so i should hope you still wear them.' i retorted and he shook his head before getting up.

'i need to rest, you should too. We both have a big day ahead of us.' he said before kissing my forehead and heading to his room. 

once I finished my hot cocoa, I went to my shared bedroom with Ashley. 

i snuck straight into bed and placed my gift underneath my bed before drifting into a deep sleep. 

When I woke up, the girls had made themselves toast. I smiled and took an apple from the fruit bowl

"Morning birthday girl~" they chimed as I sat down.

"morning." I smiled before biting into my breakfast. 

"it's great to have a girls day." Emily said leaning back. "no boys means personal girl talk" Emily said wiggling her eyebrows at me making me blush lightly. 

"come on Y/n! when are you going to tell him?" Sam asked and I gulped.

"well...its just a crush, it'll pass." i said and Beth laughed.

"you've been saying that for two years now." the twins said in unison. 

"well, it'll ruin our friendship." i said and was thankful when Ashley changed the topic.

"let's not think about that when it's your birthday!" she said handing over a box wrapped in a pink striped rapper. 

The others then joined in and forced me to open them. 

Ashley got me a limited edition version of the harry potter book series. Sam got me some cute candles and bathing related things. Emily bought me a bracelet with everyone's names carved into gemstones, i put it on immediately. the twins came together and got me a (favorite colour) off the shoulder dress . Jess got me a load of fancy nail polishes.

"thanks girls." i said with a grin. they all smiled clearly pleased with my reaction.

We all then entered the living room and played party games like never have i ever and truth or dare. 

"Shit, is that the time? We need to get ready!" Jess chimed before getting out her makeup kit. i unloaded my nail polishes and we began the process. 

though, i'm not really as interested in makeup as the others so i went for a more simple winged eyeliner and eye shadow. of course, i also painted my nails (favorite colour). 

we all then went our separate ways a few hours later to get dressed. 

I slipped into my dress the twins got be before zipping ashley up. I then took out Matt's present. 

"open it." I jumped and laughed with Ashley. I opened the bag to find a little velvet case. I popped it open and giggled. He got me a necklace with a small blue butterfly with a small gemstone dangling from it. 

"Ashley, do you mind helping me with this?" I asked and she nodded clasping it around my neck.

"WHAT'S UP LADIES?!" We both laughed at the sound of Josh announcing the boys arrival. They all got ready in the spare cabin. 

We both entered the living room and split off. she went to Chris and i grabbed myself a drink before walking over to Josh. 

"hey, you confessing yet?" he asked with a wink. I sipped my drink to calm my nerves. 

"confessing to who or what exactly?" I choked on my drink and slapped my hand on Josh's mouth. 

I turned to Matt. I really wanted to brush it off but I'm feeling brave. I finished off the rest of my drink.

"I like you." I said and Matt's eyes went wide. My heart dropped.

"you-erm-I'll be right back." he said and went over to the drinks. I removed my hand from Josh's face my hand fell to my side. 

I fucked up.

He came over and smiled gently taking my hand. I snatched it away.

"you don't need to act all nice if you don't like me." I stated and he sighed.

"I didn't comprehend that the feeling was mutual. i got flustered." My head shot up and i looked at him with a smile on his face as he looked at me. "I'm a football captain. I'm not so good with these things-confessions." He gulped.

"A-and I like you, I like you a lot. Its er...it's kind of like..."

I raised a brow.

"i love you." he said and my eyes widened before i pulled him into a hug. we pulled away and he kissed me quickly. 

In that second there was nobody in the room.

When we pulled away, I was a blushing mess.