Took long enough Matt x female reader

I groaned and re entered the lodge after taking out the trash, i stopped when i noticed a note and a nerf gun on the chair. I picked up the note, curious.

'You are the new soldier in a game of war! Your team?? Matt and Sam. May the best team win
-Josh'

I picked up the gun and got ready to fire as I opened the living room door only to find sam behind the couch. I ducked as a bullet flew at me.

"Quick! Get here." I crawled over and joined her.

"Where's Matt?"

"He believed in divide and conquer. He went for Josh who went upstairs with Hannah."

"And who are we up against?"

"Ashley and Chris. Mike's gone after beth. Josh and his sisters are a team, Chris, Ashley and Mike are a team, Jess and Emily are on their own. I have no idea where they are."

"Try behind you." We quickly shot but they ducked and crawled behind the other couches.

Damn, what are they? Ninjas?

I looked over the couch and waited. Chris stood and i shot his chest before ducking.

"Agh! Man down! Man down!"

"Stay with me! We can still win this!"

"T-tell morrigan I love her."

"Now isn't the time to profess your love to a dragon age character! We're at war!"

"Yeah, the least you could have done was confess to Ashley." Jess teased.

Chris immediately propped his gun back up.

"I have one more life, I can do this! Jess, you're getting it."

"Ew i'd rather not." Sam winked and used their time of banter to sneak around to Em and Jess, prop her gun and shoot them.

She quickly bolted back but was shot by Chris.

"Ding ding! That's three lives Sam." She groaned and handed me her gun.

"There's five bullets left. Avenge me." With that, she casually left the room.

"Haha! Four against one!"

"Bold of you to assume we'd shoot our girl, Chris." I went command mode and stealthily ran and hid hehind the plush lounge chair.

I had a perfect vantage point and made my shot on Ashley's leg.

"Nooo! Now i only have two lives."

The fight in the living room then became more dramatic when Mike and Matt entered from opposite sides of the room and joined us.

Matt slid beside me and spotted the extra gun.

"Who shot her?"

"Chris."

"Yo, Chris!"

"Yeah?"  He peeked over only for Matt to lean back and shoot his ass. He let out a yelp and matt sat back up and hid beside me.

"Chris! You're out!" He groaned and stood rubbing his butt.

"Unleash Hell guys."

The game moved on until...

I screamed as me and matt ran from Emily and Jess who were shooting relentlessly. He grabbed my hand and turned to shoot, jess dodged his bullet.

I shot Emily and she handed her gun to jess who shot matt. He fell and accidentally pulled me to the floor with him.

"No!" Jess yelled and I laughed. She's out of bullets and I still have Sams loaded gun. I sent a swift shot to her leg.

"Team Y/n are victorious!" Matt stood and cheered lifting me up and twirling.

"Noooo stop. no man handling." I whined and he laughed setting me down.

"Well what way would you prefer?" He questioned before leaning closer "a kiss for our hero?"

"Hmm" i said playfully and he started getting nervous "i suppose that would have to do. Until you get me a trophy that is." He smiled and cupped my cheeks before bringing my lips to his.

Our friends cheered frantically and we parted. I smiled at matts blushing face.

"Took you long enough."

"Oh hush." I laughed and we linked arms and headed to the living room to watch (fave movie).