1. I have a proposal for you

1. Chapter

"Granny, please I won't go," she grunted in exasperation.

"You will," The old lady sounded determined and chill.

"No, I will not."

"Yes, you will.”

She took deep breaths to calm her nerves down and looked at her granny who was knitting a sweater nonchalantly as if she wasn't talking about sending her granddaughter on a blind date. Of course, why would it affect her when it was for the thousandth time she was doing it?

"Granny, I'm leaving for the office. I'm getting late."  

She hung her bag on her right shoulder and gave herself a once over on the mirror hanging on the living room's wall. All the while Granny kept glaring at her from behind through her round golden metal-framed spectacles.

"Bye, granny." She came towards her and pecked her head making sure to not meet her eyes.

"Reach the salt and pepper by four in the evening if you don't want me to call him over to our place," while striding out of the house she heard Granny shouting behind her.

Ever since she graduated 6 years ago, Granny had been setting her up with different men every other day. Granny was a retired school teacher and hence she knew how to handle stubborn kids. Also, she couldn't resist Granny's order because she had done a lot for her. She was seven when her parents died in a flight crash, since then it had always been Granny and her. But recently Granny was very desperate to get her married. Thankfully, she had been able to scare away every single guy until today. Thanks to granny's choice of a guy. She didn't know how Granny managed to find those specimens. But with every blind date, her patience was wearing thin. She was fed up with the whole ordeal but the problem was that she couldn't even outrightly deny her granny's request to meet the guy.

To appease Granny she had to meet those guys and form a plan accordingly to scare them away. It seemed today was one such day and she had to go to the restaurant. Otherwise, if they would be called home, it would be difficult for her to execute any plan. Because nothing had ever escaped from Granny's watchful eyes. 

***

As she reached the restaurant and told her name, she was escorted to the table on the farthest right corner. There she saw a guy in his late twenties waiting for her. The waiter showed her the table and left while the guy stood from his seat and nervously extended his hand while politely greeting her. She ignored his extended hand but greeted him back and sat herself down before even the guy could draw the chair for her. 

"Nice to meet you," The guy took his seat across from her and nervously muttered. 

"I wish I could say likewise." She rolled her eyes and picked up the menu card. 

"W-what do you mean?" The guy looked flabbergasted at her attitude. 

"I mean," she paused and gave him a once over. "Sameer, right?" She arched her brows inquisitively and the guy nodded. "So, Sameer, I mean I'm not interested in men… I like women." She finished her sentence with a wink. 

Sameer's face was quite funny. He looked like a goldfish without water. 

"If that's the case then why did your grandmother set us up?" Minutes later, he found his sense followed by his voice.

"You know oldies tend to not understand my kinds of situations." She indicated towards herself with a scoff. 

"I'm hungry, can we talk later?" She asked while going through the menu. 

"There's nothing left to talk about." The guy muttered and strode away without giving her any second look. She smiled while mentally patting her back and leaning down on the chair comfortably.