22. Is he sick

The whole day passed in anticipation. She was gripped by anxiety, a sense of urgency compelling her to disclose the truth to him about Farisha before the divorce proceedings initiated. She was acutely aware that Farisha had a right to know her father. Throughout the day, she had been immersed in contemplation, strategizing on how to broach the subject delicately. However, even before planning the rendezvous, she needed to have a difficult conversation with her daughter, a task proving to be immensely challenging.

She lamented the choice she made in withholding information about Fareesha's father. In hindsight, she acknowledged that gradually sharing bits of information over time might have allowed her daughter for a smoother digestion of the situation.

She audibly exhaled, cursing that pivotal moment of silence.

Looking around, she noticed Farisha dozing on the sofa, while her favorite cartoon played on TV. Dua turned off the television, checked the clock—it was only six in the evening—and approached Farisha, who had become exhausted from playing with the neighborhood kids.

Sighing, she approached Farisha, who was still asleep, when her phone interrupted the moment. Glancing at the number, she discovered it was her mother-in-law. Answering the call, the news on the other end caused her hands to shiver, tears streaming down her cheeks. 'It can't be true,' she thought as she broke down, startling Farisha awake.

"Mumma," Farisha gasped, her half-closed eyes widening as she realized her mother was in tears. "What happened?"

Dua looked at her daughter with bleary eyes, absentmindedly staring. Mumma! Farisha shook her shoulders, snapping her back to reality. She frantically wiped her tears before rising to her feet.

I-Isha, w-we have to go, she stammered, looking at her daughter with confusion.

Where, mumma?

"W-we have to go. Put on your shoes." Dua rushed towards her room, returning moments later with her bag and car keys. "Hurry up, Isha," she urged, tears still evident.

Putting on her shoes with her mother's assistance, Farisha heard Dua call someone named Ravi for the hospital address.

"Hospital," Farisha thought, biting her lower lip as she observed her mother with furrowed brows. Although she wanted to ask questions, her mother's emotional state held her back.

An hour later, Dua parked the car at the hospital.

Inhaling deeply, she turned to Farisha. "Isha, my baby, your father is in the hospital."

"Papa," Farisha gasped.

"We haven't met until now due to some differences, but he loves you, and we're here to see him."

Farisha blinked, trying to process the information. Dua, filled with anticipation, looked at her daughter, who seemed lost in thought.

"Is he sick?" Farisha finally asked.

"He's injured, but he'll be okay," Dua reassured, gently pulling her daughter out of the car. "Be brave," she whispered, leading Farisha into the hospital while her heart fluttered with fear.

Fear of losing him.

But did she not lose him already?

She staggered as a realization hit her like a lightning bolt that Zaviyaar Abaan still ruled her heart.

Asslam o alaikum and hello lovelies!

I am sorry for vanishing without prior notification( I hope I am forgiven).

I will try to be regular now....show some support so that I can keep going.

I know that the update is short but trust me next one, I'm gonna make it longer.