13.She wished

It was the incessant knock on the door that had disrupted her sleep. She opened her eyes and winced as she felt a severe headache. She looked around and found herself on the floor in front of the bed curled up. A few seconds later her mind woke up and the reality dawned upon her. The banging door pulled her out of her reverie.

“Who's there?" She asked groggily while rising to her feet and realizing that she was having body pain as well owing to the hard floor that she slept on.

"It's me Zubaida, Mam is waiting for you downstairs." She heard the house help's voice. 

She frowned "Why?" 

She didn't get the answer. Maybe Zubaida had left after conveying her message. She looked at the time. It was half past six in the morning. She didn't know when she fell asleep at night. As far as she remembered, she was mourning because of the cruel turn of her life.

Groaning and pushing back the fresh tears that were about to make their way to her cheeks, she pulled out a casual cotton dress. 

After a quick shower, she did a little touch-up to hide the marks of the storm that had passed her the previous night.

She was down in twenty minutes and found Seem in the living room, ready with suitcases. She frowned.

"Dua, are you okay? Where is Zaviyar?" Seema stood up from her place and her gaze fell on Dua. She didn't look fine.

"Yeah, yes I'm alright." She replied, trying hard to not sound shaky. "Are you going somewhere?"

Seema looked at her, gauging, for a few seconds. "Are you sure?"

She nodded and Seema sighed.

"How come you forgot about my flight today then?" She raised her eyebrow.

Duo frowned and then realization hit her. Seema was going to Umrah, with Shifa's in-laws. She had informed her about it a few days ago.

"Of course, I remember, it's just that I woke up right now, maybe that's why."

Seema nodded and hugged her. "I will be leaving then. Take care of yourself and Zaviyar." She pulled after placing a kiss on Dua's head.

Dua felt like telling her everything but she didn't want to ruin her trip. She nodded, gulping the lump down her throat. 

Seema left after meeting granny.

She didn't know what to do. She couldn't even confide in granny. And living in his house after last night's verbal spat felt insulting. Now she cursed the decision to sell her house. Also, how was she even going to convince granny to leave this place?

"Arg!!" She pulled her hair in frustration. 

Thinking of solutions to get out of the mess she started packing her stuff. Well, she had to start from somewhere.

She was in the middle of packing when Farheen came rushing with a blanched face.

"What happened?

"Anna Ji is not feeling well." 

As Farheen informed her, she took her purse, and car keys and sprinted towards the annexe, Farheen following behind.

Granny had a high fever and she couldn't even open her eyes. She had sped to the hospital with her heart running wild. 

Thankfully, after the check, the doctor said there was nothing serious. She sighed in relief but before she could thank the doctor, she felt everything getting blurred and her head started spinning. Holding her head and blinking her eyes, she tried to stay in her senses but a few seconds later she felt her knees giving out. The doctor had rushed forward and held her, preventing her from collapsing on the floor. 

Before falling into the dark abyss, she heard a faint whisper of someone calling her name.

***

She sat on the hospital bed, frozen. The news had shocked her to the core. She didn't anticipate being pregnant when she was about to get divorced. She thought for a second she was getting punished for lying to granny otherwise, she didn't remember committing any major sin as such. 

At granny's thought, she folded the report and pushed it inside the small pocket of her purse and rushed to her ward. She wasn't going to tell her about the news just now. She had a lot of things to figure out.

Granny was fine but the doctor suggested getting her admitted for a day or two which she agreed with because she didn't want to take any risk regarding her.

She had to head to Abaan villa to get a few things and also talk to Zaviyar. The news that she had got had compelled her to think about reconciliation with Zaviyar because she wanted a home, a complete home for her child. At least for the sake of that unborn, she could try a little. It was already seven in the evening when she parked her car in the garage and stormed inside.

"I'm not going to listen to anything from you regarding this matter." As soon as she entered the room, she heard him angrily speak.

"Oh come on, she is no different. I hate her more than I hated Laila. She had deceived in more cruel ways than anyone has ever done." As she heard him speak on the phone, presumably Haidar, she felt like the little bit of courage that she had gathered to talk to him had flown away.

Zaviyar had turned to her and she felt his gaze turning vicious and hateful as it landed on her.

"I will talk to you later." He disconnected the call and fully turned towards her.

"You haven't left yet?" His tone was razor sharp, slicing her self-respect and her heart into pieces.

"Let us talk it out." She feebly tried because his hateful demeanour had weakened her.

He didn't reply to her. Instead, he padded towards the bedside table and picked an envelope from there."Here, take this." He forwarded it to her.

"Hopefully, you are intelligent enough to understand that I'm not interested in talking to you anymore. See you at the court." He had left the room after dropping the bomb on her.

His statement had made it clear and she knew what was inside the envelope but she opened it, still trying to hold onto the flickering hope but it died down as soon enough. The divorce notice mocked her misery.

She wasn't going to forgive Zaviyar ever. He had not just broken her heart. He had bruised her self-respect as well. She wished they had never crossed paths. She wished she had never fallen for such a shallow and cruel man. She wished…

Happy reading!!