7.Did you just blush?

Haidar had discharged her and had brought her home. 

"I'm sorry," She blurted while Haidar brought her a bowl of soup. She knew she hadn't been nice to him but the way he was taking care of her, she felt guilt rising in her throat and tears pooling in her eyes.

Haider looked at her bewildered and his eyes widened when he saw her about to cry. He knew why she was sorry. 

"No-no-no, it's okay, please don't cry."

His word did the opposite and she who was holding her tears broke down and in overwhelming emotions, she spat out the secrets that weren't supposed to be out. When her gaze fell on him, his astounding expressions made her realize the blunder and her breath hitched. 

"Please, tell me that you didn't hear anything." 

"I wish I could tell you that."

The silence prevailed and they both looked as if they were about to be executed, one was with shock and the other was with guilt. 

"So, you lied to Zaviyar that you are a lesbian?" He thought to break the awkward silence. 

She defended herself ferociously. "I didn't lie to him, he misunderstood me and I didn't clear his misunderstanding."

"Do you really love him now?" His question made her glare at him. 

"What have I been telling you for half an hour?" 

Haider coughed and looked at her. He looked constipated. 

Dua was gauging his expressions. "You don't trust me?" She spoke hurtfully. 

"No, I do trust you but my best friend had once been brutally broken by a girl who was supposedly in love with him and since then he has been way too sensitive. I don't know what he will do when he comes to know your truth."

"So, you will tell him." Dua sounded defeated. 

Haider looked at her with sympathy. "I will not tell him anything unless you tell me to but I won't let you continue with the charade for long. Tell him as soon as possible because delaying wouldn't do any good." 

She sobbed. "I-I really love him and can't imagine living without him." 

Haider uncomfortably shifted on his legs. He didn't know what to say. 

"Can you please give me some time to win his heart. If-if I di-didn't get successful, I will spill the truth to him." She requested and Haidar looked at her with scrutiny. Haidar could see the love that she had for Zaviyar and he knew Zaviyar was one lucky guy but he didn't know whether Zaviyar was going to give her a chance.

"Okay," he sighed and went into the kitchen to heat up the cold soup while Dua kept crying with hiccups and sobs. Haidar could hear her painful cries and wished to help her but how was he supposed to do that? He knew Zaviyar would be mad if he knew that Haidar hid the truth from him. Sighing heavily, he leaned down on the kitchen island, waiting for Dua's hiccups and sobs to cease because he didn't know how to console her nor did he like watching her cry. 

****

Dua had her soup and freshened up with a determination to win Zaviyar's heart. Haidar had left to pick Zaviyar from the airport. Her heart pounded in her ears while she impatiently waited for Zaviyar. She was for the first time nervous to face a man or precisely a human. She sat on the sofa tapping her foot on the floor while her gaze moved to the digital watch hanging on the wall every few seconds. 

When the bell rang, she felt her heart was about to break the cage and come out of her chest. Taking a few deep breaths she staggered towards the door and with a shaking hand, opened it. She saw him standing there, proudly, like a king. He looked at her disappointedly and stepped in, pushing her gently from the doorway. He kept his luggage near the door and pulled her in for a hug and whispered. "You scared me."