12.Why did you do it?

Shifa got married in a way she wanted to and Zaviyar couldn't thank Dua enough for arranging everything superbly. According to him she was the best event planner he had ever come across. 

Along the time, they bonded well and bonded deep. He took her to Maldives on a honeymoon trip for fifteen days. She wanted to enjoy everything like but every once in a while the reality would dawn upon her. 

No matter how much she tried to be in the moment, the fear of inevitable would gnaw her heart. Gradually she had learnt to not dwell on it much. Also granny's deteriorating health was concerning her. 

Between all these, the real estate agent wasn't able to find a reasonable buyer and that had halted her business plan. For the last two months she had been just cooking, gossiping and taking care of granny and sometimes attending dinner parties with Zaviyar. Her best friend, Ghazal was angry on finding out about her marriage from a newspaper and a magazine. Dua hadn't told her anything because she knew Gjazal wouldn't let her be in a fake marriage and so did everything behind her back. Later on she decided to not disturb her vacation/work trip to LA. Now as she knew, she was too angry to pick up her calls and reply to her messages. She knew Ghazal would calm down after a few days. 

She messaged her and was about to keep her phone aside but a message from Zaviyar popped up. He was asking her to get ready because he was going to take her on a date. Zaviyar was busy with his work and rarely got time for dates but he tried his best to make her feel special everyday, sometimes with flowers, chocolates or cards with beautiful confessions and messages. Those would make her ecstatic and she looked forward to it. She smiled and rose to her feet. She had to get ready and she loved his reaction every time she would get ready. He would look at her like she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Shaking her head, she started going through her clothes to find something for today. 

***

"So, you arranged dinner on our rooftop." She asked while climbing the stairs with him and he nodded. 

"When did you do the preparation?" She looked at him quizzically. 

"As I told you to get ready, I knew you wouldn't come out of the room before an hour." He looked at her mischievously. "I did everything while you were getting ready." He schooled his expressions as he saw her glaring. 

She bit back the smile and nodded. As her gaze fell on the decorations, her eyes brightened and Zaviyar released a breath of relief knowing she liked the arrangements. He escorted her to the little romantic corner and gently pushed her on the cushions. 

He took a seat beside her and pulled her in his arms. 

"You liked it?" He whispered near her ear and she nodded with a bright smile. 

"It's beautiful."

He sighed in contentment. "Hm."

They gazed, talked, whispered and ate and as the night passed, they slept in each other's arms. 

***

She couldn't help but squeal in delight. Finally she had sold the house and now she had the resources to start her business. She wanted to tell Zaviyar about it ASAP. She had ringed him while jumping on her feet but he didn't pick up. Thinking that he might be busy, she descended the stairs and strode towards the annexe. She had spoken to granny and granny looked thrilled because she had seen Dua desperately wanting to start the business. Even though Zaviyar wanted to fund it, she had refused. She didn't want to take financial help from him, her self respect wouldn't allow her.

After spending a good amount of happy time with granny she had exited the annexe hoping for Zaviyar to be home. She wanted to hug him and share her happiness with him. As she entered her room, it was dark, except for the light coming from the burning cigar. The whole room was filled with a disgusting smell and smoke. She switched on the lights while frowning and found him sitting on the bed with his shoes on and in disheveled condition. 

She stormed towards him and tried to snatch the cigar from his hand but he pinned her in her place with a hard gaze. Her heart dropped to her stomach. 

"What happened, Zaviyar?" She whispered in a trembling voice. 

He kept mum for a few seconds before sitting up straight and throwing the cigarette on the floor after crushing it with his fingers. Dua bit her lips to stop from whimpering seeing his burnt fingers. 

"You know, today I was in a construction site and fell from the stairs." He paused and her eyes raked over him to find any injury. "Ar-are you okay?"

He scoffed. "As if you care?" 

Dua's eyes blurred and she stepped towards him. Cupping his cheeks she whispered. "Of course I care."

"You are a liar.I remember everything now so don't try to fool me anymore." He screamed, swatting her hands away from his face in disgust. "Don't you dare touch me."

"Zaviyar," 

"I would say a nice game. But how could you?" He looked devastated. "You played with my emotions and even seduced me. You established a physical relationship with me." He looked at her with hatred while she trembled in her place. She wanted to clear his misunderstanding but he didn't seem to be in his senses. 

"Why did you do it?" He seethed near her in anger. 

"You all women are the same. Clever, greedy, selfish and fake." 

"Zaviyar, let me explain. Yo-you can't just hurl accusations without letting me explain."

"Explain or make a fake new sob story that I will believe? Do you take me as a fool?" He kicked the vanity chair and threw the things on the table, scattering it all over the floor. 

Dua felt as if her home was going to scatter in the same manner or even worse. 

"Zaviyar, please listen to me."

He ignored her. 

"Now as I think of it, everything is making sense to me." He turned towards her.

"Was it you who planned my accident so that you could carry forward with your plan of seducing me? Did you do it for money?" She couldn't believe her ears. Zaviyar was accusing her of being a gold digger. She was in extreme shock that she couldn't even react. 

"Was your granny a part of it?" She clenched her jaws. 

"Zaviyar, don't cross the limit." She warned him while pointing her index finger at him. 

"It's you who crossed the limit. You pretended to love me and when I didn't remember about the contract you came close to me. Did you think I wasn't going to gain my memory?" 

Dua looked at him in disbelief. "Zaviyar I didn't pretend anything."

"I can't tolerate your presence anymore." He said, picking up his coat from the floor. 

"Be gone by the time I return. I will send you the divorce paper ASAP. And also let me know the amount that I need to pay you for keeping my bed warm." He had strode out before she could kill him for using such disgusting words for her. She slumped down on her knees and broke down. Fortunately the room was soundproof otherwise the way he had shouted, everyone might have known. 

She had anticipated this day and his reaction also but she hadn't thought it to be this worse. She hadn't anticipated that he would take her as a gold digger and bed warmer. 

Her hiccups and sobs filled the room while she cried on the debris of broken home and shattered self respect. She wanted to give him a chance and explain everything to him but whatever he had said before exiting the room, she decided otherwise. She was not going to explain anything to him nor was she going to face him. She didn't have the courage to listen to another hateful word from the man she loved so much and had heard a love confession from the same mouth. She was going to leave him before he could crush whatever little in her was left. 

Happy reading!