3. Let's click some pictures

The next day they met and signed the contract paper. He gave Dua a copy of the original contract and they agreed on meeting each other's families to make it look real hence the next very day Granny invited him for dinner to get to know him. And here he was nervously seated in front of Granny while she kept looking at him with her calculative gaze. He almost started to fidget and looked up to find a rescue from Dua but Dua was enjoying his condition with a smirk and with no intention to save him. He swore if it was not for the happiness of his family, he wouldn't have been in such a situation for the million years to come. 

Before he could call it a quit, Granny burst out laughing. 

"Look at you, you are so cute and gullible." At granny's conclusion, Dua rolled her eyes. "Gullible and him? No chance." She thought looking at Granny who was now serving his plate with all the cuisine she especially prepared for him.

Zaviyar who initially seemed to be on the edge was dumbstruck at Granny's little prank and afterwards over the top frankness. She was a sweet lovely lady and he felt guilty to cheat her with all the fake stories that he made to convince her about the genuineness of his liking towards her granddaughter. They mutually decided on a story about when they met when she began working on the redesigning of his house's interior and instantly clicked and after that, they met a few times for coffee. By the way Granny was swooning on him, he knew she had bought the lie just like his mother did.

That night he left Dua's house with contrasting emotions juggling in his brain. One hand he was relieved and on the other hand he felt guilt eating him up. 

***

Before Dua could come and visit Seema officially,  she came to her house with her daughter in the evening. It was for another time discussion, how she got the address but for now, Dua was astonished at things she brought with her. 

Granny welcomed them with open arms and she looked like she was floating in the seventh sky. She asked Dua to order dinner from outside because it was quite late to prepare anything, which she did ASAP and also messaged Zaviyar about the uninformative arrival of his mother and sister to her house. Granny and Seema aunty, as she called her, busied themselves in knowing each other while Shifa remained glued to her phone, meanwhile, the dinner was delivered. 

"Granny, I have served dinner. It's getting cold." When Granny initiated the conversation about marriage she tried to stop her before she could end up on the number of kids she wanted from them.

She grimaced at being stopped from continuing her favourite topic but regardless she ushered them towards the dining and Dua sighed in relief.

The dinner was quite an event with Seema aunty and Granny's enthusiastic rants, Shifa's random smile and Dua's awkward coughs and frequent glares at Granny.

Thankfully, they departed but Seema aunty invited Granny and her for dinner which Granny accepted without any delay.

"I was impressed with the boy but I had a few doubts about his family but meeting them had erased them well. I'm happy and relieved that you are in good hands." Granny gave her monologue with glistening eyes.

"I'm glad that you liked them." She hugged her and smelled the jasmine mix with her natural body smell that wafted from her. The smell made her feel at home. 

"I love you, Granny." She whispered in her gray hair. She wished she would have found someone in real. She wished she wouldn't have to lie to her grandmother. 

Even though Granny gave her tough times, she loved her to no extent because she knew deep down that Granny loved her too, equally or even more and lying to her made her feel guilty.