12 Progress...?

"HE WHAT?!" Polnareff exclaimed.

"I personally didn't think he would go so far," Avdol added. "Has he been alone the rest of the night?"

Kakyoin answered, "No. Jolyne wouldn't even let him out of her sight. He's been in bed the whole time since last night anyways."

Polnareff, Avdol, and Kakyoin were in the living room of Kakyoin's house.

Avdol checked the time.

It was three in the afternoon.

Avdol said, "Please tell me you found a doctor for him."

"Nothing but the best," Kakyoin replied. He got a doctor that he met a long ago in Italy that Polnareff and Avdol knew. He sighed as he sat back in his chair. "You should've seen him yesterday. It was like he had no idea why we were worried about him. It was like he didn't know we were crying about him."

"Well", Polnareff said with a shrug. "He is dense when it comes to emotions. With depression in the way, that impairs his ability even more."

Avdol said, "I'm going up to them. Maybe Jolyne needs a break." He got up and went upstairs. He arrived to the room Jotaro was staying in. He found Jotaro and Jolyne laying in bed side by side.

Jolyne was curled into a ball. She looked so tired and exhausted.

Jotaro was asleep. On his face were dried tears. Previously used tissues for that were littered between the two.

Jolyne saw Avdol and said, "Hey."

He greeted back, "Hey. Do you need a break? I can watch him for you."

Jolyne glanced at her father worried. She didn't want to leave his side.

She was scared.

"I promise to keep him safe," he said. "You should get some time for yourself. That was something quite stressful to go through last night."

Jolyne sat up. She didn't seem to be ready to get up. She said, quietly, "Did you know that he cries in his sleep?"

"No, I didn't."

She sighed, "What is going through his head that he can't even relax when he sleeps?" The question was rhetorical as she looked down at her father. "I... I hate seeing him suffer." She looked close to tears. "Is that why he tried to drown himself? Is he always so wound up and stressed, that doing that was his only escape?"

"Jolyne," Avdol said as he sat on the bed beside her. "Unfortunately, we don't know for sure, but when he gets proper help, he will get the relief he needs."

Jotaro's breathing began to increase and tremble.

Jolyne grabbed the box of tissues from beside her pillow. She pulled out a tissue and reached over to her father just in time for tears to fall from his eyes. She sighed, "I hope that he will accept the help since he was so secretive for a long time."

"Yeah," Avdol agreed. "I worry about that as well. Even there are some things you are keeping secret for him..."

Jolyne tensed up.

"...but you don't have to tell us," he continued. "I'm sure he would rather not tell everyone his business. I'll leave that for the doctor, when the time comes."

"And when will that be?"

...Three Hours Later...

Everyone but Jotaro and the doctor were in the living room. Everyone stayed hoping, Jotaro understood they wanted to support him.

Jotaro was with the doctor in his bedroom.

They had no idea what was going on, or if any progress was being made. It had been about an hour now.