25 Keep Going

"I have to commend you for the progress you have made, Mr. Kujo," Bucciarati said through the screen of Jotaro's laptop. "You have done a lot to get this far."

"Well, it felt like a hell of a lot," Jotaro replied. He sighed. "I just couldn't believe I got so low."

"Yeah, well it can happen without us knowing quite easily. An imbalance of chemicals in the brain can affect us terribly. When it has gone on for many years, it can be hard to get help."

Jotaro nodded. He knew he was right. He only knew it all started after the traumatic event in Egypt, and it went on from there. It was the worse after saving a world from Pucci.

"Okay," Bucciarati said. "How about we meet up about a month from? Maybe even a month and a half."

"The gaps of us meeting is getting farther and farther," Jotaro observed.

"Well, it all depends on the patient's wellbeing," his psychiatrist explained.  "You, Mr. Kujo, has been doing well. Keep up the good work. And if you need me sooner, you can call me."

"Okay," he said. And so, he scheduled his appointment with him. Maybe he could use that extra time by going to the gym. He was beginning to fill in his clothes a bit more than before.

When Jotaro turned off his laptop and closed it, he got up from his bed. He checked the time and remembered that it will be a while before Kakyoin came home. He had time to kill. He was beginning to feel a bit lonely...

He knew just what to do.

In five minutes, Jotaro was in the kitchen to whip up something good for the two to eat. He wanted to make sure Kakyoin had something good to eat when he arrived home. It was a way to keep his mind on something positive.

After many weeks of therapy, he learned to fine positive ways to handle stress. Trying ways to do something for someone, but since he was bad at going to someone and finding them out, he just cooked. He also enjoyed his occasional marine biology books. It was so long since he enjoyed a book before going to therapy.

By the time Jotaro was done cooking a meal, Kakyoin came home with Jolyne in tow.

"Jojo," Jotaro said surprised to see his daughter. "I didn't know you were coming."

Kakyoin said, "I brought her along because you always make enough food for a large family when it's just the two of us."

"Hey, dad," Jolyne gave him a hug. "So how are you? How was therapy?"

"I'm fine," he said. "Anasui is treating you alright, right?"

"Yes, he is," she answered. She sniffed the air. "Ooh, is this traditional Japanese food?"

"Yes," he answered. "It's all done. It's about time to eat. Let's go."

The three of them got into the dinning room to eat together. It was quite an enjoyable dinner as the three talked about their day and how their lives were for the time being.

Jolyne showed him the ring that Anasui gave her. She was also keeping contact with her friends-zoned friend, Hermes.

Jotaro grumbled at what a simp Anasui was while Kakyoin laughed at his reaction.

They continued eating, talking and enjoying themselves.

This was nice. This was very nice.

Later, after Jolyne had gone home and Kakyoin went to bed for the evening, Jotaro stood at the beach. He watched the barely lit up horizon. The beach was one of the places where he could clear his head and relax, aside from his partner's arms.

He thought back from before he started therapy or when his family and friends tried to help him. He felt hopeless and lost. He wasn't sure where he was going with his life. He felt worthless.

When he finally opened up and allowed himself to get help, things slowly got easier.

He didn't think he could make it to this state.

Here he was now.

Content. Actually, content.

Jotaro knew what he was going to do tomorrow, and what he was aiming for.

Well, mostly. Only time will tell.