16 One Sided But Needed

It was the next day in the afternoon.

Jotaro and Kakyoin were watching a movie in the living room. The movie was down low. Jotaro and Kakyoin weren't holding on to each other, but Kakyoin did keep leg contact with his.

Jotaro was content with that.

Jolyne was out hanging with her cousin, Giorno. Bucciarati was doing last minute souvenir shopping. Later, Avdol and Polnareff were supposed to come over.

Jotaro and Kakyoin were talking more than watching the movie. Well, Kakyoin was doing most of the talking, and Jotaro didn't mind listening. He could listen to him forever, if he could.

Kakyoin was talking about plans for when he officially quit the Speedwagon Foundation. He was thinking about focusing on his art. Maybe he would learn to go fishing. "I plan on going to the beach more often, so why not take time to learn how to fish?"

Jotaro just nodded and kept watching his friend talk.

Kakyoin kept his eyes on the television as he spoke. "Maybe you should teach me some pointers because you are a Marine Biologist."

He nodded. He watched as Kakyoin turned to look back at him. He quickly looked away and pulled his hat down to shield his eyes. "Sooner or later, I will have to move out and go back to work, you know."

"You don't have to move out if you don't want to."

...

"I wouldn't mind you living here, you know."

"... Um," Jotaro mumbled. "I don't think I should." He kept his gaze averted from him.

"Living with a friend is nice," he continued to reason.

"Nori," Jotaro sighed. "You know how I..."

Kakyoin replied, "I know. I'm sorry. It probably seems like I'm disregarding your feelings for me. Jojo, look at me, please."

Jotaro finally turned back to look at him.

"I know how you feel, but being alone isn't something I want to do anymore." Kakyoin head hung down as he felt nervous and possibly ashame for his feelings. "You're someone who is dear to me, and I don't think there is anyone else I could do that with but you." He stayed looking down to avoid Jotaro's stare, despite telling Jotaro to look at him earlier.

Jotaro sighed. He was comfortable here. He enjoyed living near the beach. He could easily drive to work. He enjoyed being in Kakyoin's presence. Sometimes he wanted more, but... Could he get over that? Maybe he could go stay at the dorms during that time. Maybe he could figure it out. "Okay, but I want to wait." He could officially move in later, and that could signal his commitment in staying. He wasn't sure what difference it would make, but it was significant to himself.

"That's okay," Kakyoin said. He pepped up a bit. "That is a big commitment." He looked up at him with a weak smile. The smile was almost sad with a tinge of guilt.

"Don't look at me like that," Jotaro said. He didn't like that look on Kakyoin. He placed his hand on his cheek softly as if he went any harder, he would break.

This man took care of him, and he would be damned if he let him down.

Jotaro said close to a whisper, "I'm so sorry." This was all his fault. He forced Kakyoin into this vulnerable state. He was a terrible person.

Concern grew in Kakyoin's expression. "Jojo? It's really okay. You know that, right?" He placed his hand over Jotaro's that was on his cheek. "If you don't want to-."

"Nori," Jotaro interrupted. His voice didn't rise above a whisper, but it still stopped Kakyoin in his tracks. "I'll stay. Just..." Why was he so selfish? Why despite Kakyoin saying how he felt, he still wanted him? Why was he so infatuated with him?

"Go ahead," Kakyoin said. He knew what Jotaro wanted.

But was this what Kakyoin wanted?

Fuck it.

Jotaro leaned forward to press his lips against his. His heart pounded in his chest as the hand that was on Kakyoin's cheek slid to the back of his neck. His breath quickened as he slipped his tongue into his mouth. He climbed onto his knees to get onto Kakyoin's lap.

The warmth and wetness he never felt from Kakyoin was nostalgic despite never kissing him once before this. The butter from the popcorn hinted his tongue.

"Nori," Jotaro trembled and muttered into his mouth. His other hand reached Kakyoin's hand. He tried to make Kakyoin's arm wrap around his waist.

Kakyoin understood and wrapped both of his arms around Jotaro's waist.

Nothing but delight and comfort filled Jotaro as he felt his arms around him tighten. He pulled from the kiss and laid his head into the side of his neck. He inhaled as he wrapped his own arms around Kakyoin's waist.

Kakyoin adjusted himself, so that his arms were over Jotaro's. One of his hands combed through the back of Jotaro's head of unruly hair. He could feel the erection poking his stomach, but Jotaro didn't make any moves to satisfy the urge.

Jotaro just laid there with his lips on Kakyoin's neck. He was quiet and comfortable. He hummed a relaxed tone.

Voices were heard coming up to the front door.

"Come on, Jojo," Kakyoin called. "Don't want to give them a heart attack."

Jotaro exhaled with disappointment. He gave one last squeeze to take Kakyoin all in before letting go. He got off of Kakyoin's lap. His face was flushed as he covered his lap with the length of his jacket. He said, "Sorry. It's been a while since I got a hard on..." He cleared his throat. "Sorry, TMI."

"TMI?"

"Too much information," Jotaro explained. "Learned it from Jolyne."

The door unlocked and the group came in: Giorno, Jolyne and Bucciarati.

Eventually, Polnareff and Avdol arrived as well.

Jotaro and Kakyoin didn't bother to talk about what happened the rest of the day. Either Jotaro was still floating on what happened, or he was embarrassed. He wasn't sure.

But how did Kakyoin feel?

Was he just tolerating him for the sake of not being lonely?

Was Jotaro a nuisance or a loose canon?

Could he have another moment like that with Kakyoin again?

God, he hated this.