23 I Love You

And so, Jotaro called his daughter to tell her that he will be moving in with Kakyoin that evening. She didn't waste any time meeting him at his dorm brimming with excitement.

And she brought a friend with her.

When they arrived at his door, Jolyne said, "This is Anasui. Anasui, this is my dad, Jotaro."

Anasui was quite a elegant looking fellow. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Kujo. I plan to make your daughter the happiest woman ever as my bride."

Jotaro was slightly taken aback by the man's deep voice as he thought he was a woman at first glance. Was he a he...? Maybe it was safe to ask- Wait, bride?! He glanced at his daughter, then back at Anasui.

"Dad, before you say anything," Jolyne said, cautiously. "We've known each other for a while, and he's a good guy."

"Duly noted," Jotaro replied. So he seems to go by he... Duly noted. "He better treat you well." He flared at Anasui. "Or you won't be alive to see the next day."

"Yes, sir," Anasui said, determined.

Jotaro wasn't sure how to respond to the man who obviously excited to marry his daughter. He glared hard at Anasui one more time before he said, "Come in. I'm in the process of packing up my things."

The three came in.

There were boxes laying around. It wasn't much to pack on his own, but it would be a lot to transfer to the car.

He glanced at Anasui who was standing there beside Jolyne. "You can sit down, you know."

Jolyne asked, "Let me help."

Jotaro said, "It's fine. I just might need help moving the boxes."

"Why don't you ask the Speedwagon Foundation to help?"

"No," he said.

Jolyne said, "Are you sure there isn't anything I can help you with?"

"I only have my room left to pack," he said as he grabbed a bag. "You can start with the boxes. And don't overdo it; take your time. I can do most of it." He dug into his pocket with his other hand and tossed the keys to Jolyne. "I'll meet you outside. It shouldn't be long until I'm finished. I don't have much to pack."

She caught it and said, "Okay." He picked up a smaller box and said to Anasui, "Come on! You grab a box too."

"Yes, Jolyne." The two left with a couple of boxes.

Jotaro went into his bedroom. He didn't want anyone going through his thing, for he hand no idea just how embarrassing he would feel if someone saw some of his things. He began packing his bag, but he was also making a trash pile. His bedroom was much more dirtier than he remembered. Also some things were best left in the past.

Immersed in his task, time went by much faster than he expected. For a man who could freeze time, he felt like he should've been able to not lose track of time. He left his bedroom to the living room area, to find that the boxes were gone!

No boxes were in sight.

"Hm?" Jotaro was unsure what to make of the situation.

Just then, Jolyne and Anasui arrived.

"Hey, Dad. While we were packing, a few of the workers came by to help out," Jolyne explained. "They were practically begging to help out, and they got it done real quick!"

"They seemed quite enamoured of you," Anasui added.

Before Jotaro could say anything, if he could even think of a retort, Jolyne said, "Oh and they told me to tell you that 'they are happy for you'."