20 Much Better

Jotaro was back in his bedroom at Kakyoin's house. The place he couldn't make a commitment to move into. It was the next day, and he was feeling a bit better. He got up from his bed to go take a much needed shower. He didn't even take a shower the night before.

When he was done, he sat down on his bed and sighed. Once again, they have done it. Kakyoin and Jolyne came to his rescue as if he was some lost puppy.

He grimaced as he thought of how much trouble he was causing them. He laid down on his back as the urge to slam the back of his head rose.

He hit his head against the soft mattress of the bed. He clenched his teeth as he did it for more times. The urge went away.

He stayed there.

He didn't want to do anything.

He didn't wanna eat.

He didn't wanna think.

It was easier that way.

Then there was a knock on his door. "Jojo, are you decent?"

After a few seconds, Jotaro answered, "Yeah."

"Is it okay for me to come in?"

..."Yeah."

Kakyoin slowly opened the door. He came in with a plate of food. He said, "Its nearing noon, so I figured you might be hungry."

"Um," Jotaro mumbled. He pushed himself up. He saw how caring Kakyoin seemed. But why? Shouldn't he be tired of him by now?

Kakyoin sat beside him and said, "Come on. Eat. You're gonna be smaller than Jolyne if you don't eat."

Jotaro scoffed. Maybe he could get small enough to disappear. He leaned towards Kakyoin until his head was resting on his shoulder.

"Oh," Kakyoin said surprised. "Are you alright?"

"I'm... better than before," Jotaro answered. "I'm just... I don't understand why you do all of this for me."

"I told you this once, and I'll tell you it a million times: 'I care about you.' Jotaro, I do want you around and safe." He placed a hand over his. "You may have left on the wrong foot with Jolyne, but she loves you very much."

"But why?" Jotaro said. "I don't understand that."

Kakyoin sighed as he tried to think of a proper answer. "You love Jolyne, right?"

He nodded.

"If she began having difficulties with her health, would you walk away from her?"

"No."

"Would you hate her?"

"Of course not. I cherish her."

"Exactly," Kakyoin said. "It's the same with us to you."

"Okay," Jotaro said nodding his head. It was like he was trying to come to terms with that explaination. "Okay." He sat up and asked, "And you're not tired of me?"

"No, I'm not tired of you." Then he commanded, "Now eat." He pushed the plate to Jotaro.

"Fine," Jotaro sighed.

Kakyoin got up and asked, "When is your next appointment with Bucciarati?"

He answered, "Next week." His appointments were every two weeks.

Kakyoin asked, "Want to go fishing today?"

He nodded. Jotaro felt a little pep in his energy after getting confirmation that he wasn't making them tired of him.