Chapter 1

Your POV
So today was my first day back to the pool, the first day of summer vacation. I'm a lifeguard for the local pool near LA, I got in the lifeguard seat and had my floating device next to me and my swim trunks and one piece on. Hannah showed up, I yelled to her "hey Han! It's just me and you until like noon so open the gates" I was only working for like 3 hours today, until Derrick took my spot.

People started filing in, and it was mostly just a bunch of out of control teenagers and children. I looked over to the gates and there was a group of what looked like 5 girls, and they were surrounded by big men, I think they were bodyguards. They stood at the one side of the pool with all the chairs and the bodyguards stood one-by-one beside each girls chair. I finally realized, the girls were the girls from Fifth Harmony. They looked up and saw me staring, and I looked back at the pool, scanning it, my chair was relatively close to the ground compared to most lifeguard chairs. I looked back over to where the girls were before, but they weren't there, and then I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was all the girls "uhh, hi" they smiled "hey, we just wanted to make sure you'd keep us safe today. You know, with all our crazy fans around" I chuckled "yeah, of course, it's kinda my job anyway" they all laughed a bit and jumped in. They hung out in the deep end most of the time, and then they started swimming towards where I was sitting. I had a huge crush on Lauren and it was hard to focus on all the other people with her constantly swimming around me.

Lauren's POV
"Guys, oh my god do you see that lifeguard?" I whisper yelled to the girls, "oooooh LoLo got a crushhhh" Dinah teased, I rolled my eyes "shuuuut upppp" we walked over to jump in the pool and the girls started laughing and whispering "what?" I said "nothing, we were just gonna get her attention for you" Mani laughed again. Dinah smirked and I knew she was up to no good but I still turned around to get in the pool, and out of nowhere, Dinah pushed me in. I was so caught off guard and embarrassed that I forgot how to swim for a second and I started freaking out. The lifeguard blew her whistle and jumped in to get me she gave me her floaty thing and swam with me to the steps and got out. "Uhh, I'm really sorry, that was so embarrassing" I looked down and played with my fingers, she chuckled and the girls came up to us "it's fine, like I said, its my job, but I have to go back so I can keep saving lives" she winked and walked back to her chair. I punched Dinah in the arm "what he hell?!" They all laughed, "imma go ask her if she wants to come to dinner with us tonight, you know since she saved your life and all" all the girls nodded and they started walking towards her.

Y/N POV
"Hey, we just wanted to know if you'd be able to come to dinner with us tonight, since you 'saved our friends life' and all" I smiled "yeah sure, I just have to go talk to Hannah and see if someone can take my shift" they nodded and walked back to their chairs. I got up, this was my chance I went over to the front "hey, Mel! Can you take the rest of my shift?" she came closer to the front and raised her eyebrow "why? Someone got a hot date with fifth harmony over there?" My eyes widened "yes! That's exactly why! Please please please please-" she rolled her eyes playfully "finnnnne I'll take your shift, but you owe me!" I hugged her "thanks so much" I walked over to the girls "hey, I got somebody to cover my shift so I'm ready to go now" I smiled and they took me to their van and they literally did everything they could to make me sit next to Lauren, and it worked. I was in the middle of Lauren and Ally. We got to the restaurant and sat down, then all of a sudden, one-by-one the girls left to 'go to the bathroom', which only left me and Lauren. I smiled at her "sorry about them, they think I like you" she blushed and so did I. "Well, do you?" She nodded slightly and looked up "I like you too, Lauren"