14- Jeopardy

"Maggie, you're gonna want to see this." Sasha yelled, still from on top of the plateau after they had barely closed the gate. The next problem had already shown up.

"What is it?" She asked as she walked back up to the gate.

"You should see for yourself." Sasha insisted as she swung the gate back open.

"You have to be kidding me." Maggie sighed as she saw the four lines of hostages walk up to the gate with their wrists bound together. Guards walked on either side with their guns drawn. Jesus walked out in front of the group and met Maggie by the gate.

"I know this wasn't the plan but they surrendered." He began. "We're going to need a place to guard them and keep them safe from Walkers."

"We are not letting them in! No way!" Gregory yelled like anybody would still listen to him as he stormed up from behind Maggie. "With what they did? With what they do? They are monsters!"

"Gregory!" Jesus snapped to get him to shut up.

"No!" He yelled back. "This is not a sanctuary for killers! We'll be putting the safety of everyone in jeopardy!"

"Get out of here!" Maggie ordered him with a growl.

"I know what they are, I have stared into the face of–"

"Gregory! Go!" She growled again, her eyes spitting fire.

"He actually came back after all that." Jesus said calmly.

"And I actually let him in." She replied.

Tara walked up from behind Jesus and crossed her arms. "No offense Jesus, but I kind of agree with that prick." She switched her gaze to Alden. "And we should probably put him in with them too."

"No." Maggie defended. "He's one of us now." She looked at Jesus and sighed, "there are families here. Children."

Jesus pointed to Alden. "You let him in."

"I let him in because he brought Sasha back. And he had a child with him." She replied calmly.

"I'm with Jesus on this one." Alden started. "You guys locked me up in an empty trailer the first night. I'm pretty sure there's a second one. We could use those and guard them. My stuff's in there but I could move it out. I'll sleep outside if I have to."

"You both know what they've done to us, what they've taken from us." Maggie continued.

"Of Course I do." Jesus replied solemnly. Alden looked down at his feet; of course he did.

"Most of Negan's men are only with him because they want to stay alive and he has them convinced that his way is the only way. They're not all fanatics like Simon." Alden tried after a brief moment of silence.

"No, that's why you were with them." She retorted back.

"They surrendered." Jesus continued. "We can't let them go and we can't kill them." He looked directly at Maggie, "we can't."

"I can't let them inside." Maggie insisted. "Like I said; there are children here. It's just too dangerous. But I will allow you to take a couple of people to guard them outside."

"I'll help." Alden nodded.

"You're not seriously thinking that Maggie will let you guard your people?" Tara snapped at him. "She shouldn't even have let you live."

"I wouldn't call them my people but they're people. And that's enough." He bit back as he pulled his handgun from behind the waistband on his back and walked over to Jesus. Tara didn't break her glare at him.