78- Broken pieces

The walker went limp and fell to the ground. The pressure on Alden's arm ceased, the danger was gone. Negan stood opposite of him, his knife still raised from delivering the death blow. His eyes tracked to Alden's blood and grime covered sleeve.

"Did it bite you?" He sounded genuinely worried.

Alden shook his head and wiped his other sleeve across the mess. The fabric of his jacket had barely been damaged. "No, it was a close one though."

The moment of stillness was over and things went incredibly fast. Jules cried out in pain as a walker tore a large chunk of flesh from her arm. Luke ran to her in a panic, screaming. He wasn't thinking, only focussed on Jules. By the time Alden had turned around, Luke was already on the ground and Jules was swallowed up by the herd. Her screams and cries grew louder until they died out. She was lost; dead. The next second a walker set its jaws into Luke's leg. He could still be saved, but only if they acted fast.

Yumiko and Magna dragged him to safety. It was morbid, but Jules' death gave them the leverage to slip away and they managed to make it to the clinic. They quickly dealt with the stray walkers in front. Jesus was the first to get a good look inside.

"Daryl and Judith, they're on the ground." He stressed the second he saw their motionless bodies.

Judith laid closest to the door in a pool of her own blood. Tara banged against the door in the hope to rouse either of them. Judith stirred slightly, but she didn't wake up. The door was blocked from the inside which meant they would have to find another way inside.

"Shit." Maggie gasped. "Carl's out too." She pointed to the vague shape on the floor. He was the furthest away from the door and most of his body was hidden behind the reception desk.

Ezekiel led them in through the back door. Once everyone was inside, Dianne blocked it off to make sure nothing would find its way inside. Maggie and Tara rushed to help Daryl. Carold and Jesus concerned themselves with Judith. He picked her up and quickly transported her to one of the treatment rooms.

Jesus had nearly bled to death himself, and although his memory of the event was hazy, he still remembered enough of it. Enough to know what to do now.

Negan and Alden found themselves running towards Carl, both of them felt responsible for him laying there motionless.

"Carl, can you hear me?" Alden shook him slightly. Aside from a bloody nose he appeared to be fine.

Carl woke up with a sharp gasp. His eyes spurted wide open, almost popping out of their sockets. He pushed Alden away and tried to scramble to his feet, but failed and remained seated on the ground. Next he bawled his fist and readied himself to strike Alden's jaw.

"Carl, it's us." Alden sputtered quickly, holding his hands up defensively.

His fist went lax and dropped to his side. There was only one thing on his mind. "Judith?"

"She's still alive. Carl and Jesus are with her right now." Negan told him calmly.

"I have to- I have to-" His speech was rather disorientated. He tried to stand up, but wobbled on his feet and fell down again.

"Easy, soldier." Negan joked. "We have to make sure you're alright first."

"What happened here?" Alden asked. "All three of you were unconscious when we got here."

"Troopers." He wiped his bloody nose clean with his sleeve, not putting any thought into the stain it left. "I'm fine. I want to see my sister now."

"Are you sure you're alright?" Negan frowned, concerned. "We're not stopping you from seeing her, we only want to make sure you're alright."