75- Worst possible

"Ready." The warden ordered. All the rifles raised in unison. "Aim."

Annie screamed out more pleas, but all of them went ignored.

Alden wanted to look away. But he couldn't look away, he was frozen. A part of him felt like Negan finally got what he deserved, that deep down dark part. Most of him felt like it was completely wrong. He had once followed that man. He was both an ally and an enemy. The rational side of his brain knew no one deserved to go out like this. For all the horrible things he did, he didn't deserve to die here in front of his pregnant wife. Even if Alden saw the poetic justice in it.

It was then that Alden noticed the smile playing on Negan's lips. Now Alden understood what he'd been doing all along. He was starting a rebellion. He was securing them with their way out, even if it cost him his own life.

The warden shook his head, he noticed it too. He walked towards Annie. "There are no martyrs here." He grabbed her by her hair and dragged her towards Negan.

"No!" He yelled. "No! That wasn't our deal!"

This was the first time Alden had ever heard desperation in Negan's voice, ever. He felt it in his bones. Dying to protect your family was easy. But being incapable of protecting your family, that was something unimaginable.

He knew not being able to save them would be the worst possible fate. He choked up. He wasn't the only one, everyone did.

Annie was forced down to her knees beside Negan. Alden only half believed they would actually kill her. They wouldn't, right? She was pregnant and had done nothing wrong. But he forgot how monstrous these people were.

"Take me! Take me!" Negan yelled, desperately. He tried to get back to his feet and fought the guards pushing him down. This was not what he had planned. He was no longer in control. He was acting out of panic, terror and desperation.

"You will feel this punishment!" The warden sneered at him, proving how sadistic he truly was.

"That's not what you said!" He yelled back, voice breaking. "No! You take me! Just me!"

Ezekiel took a step forward. Jesus and Tara exchanged a look. They wanted to put a stop to this by any means necessary. This wasn't living and if they could spark something that would be enough for them.

"Ready." The warden ordered, coolly. Carl had Mika look away for inevitable.

"You. You have a family." Negan tried to plead with one of the troopers, this time in a personal manner. "Please. Don't do this, please." Tears welled up in his eyes.

"I said ready!" The warden snapped. He read the doubt of the faces of some of his men. He needed to get this over fast.

"Leave her! Take me! Just take me!"

"Aim!"

"Please!"

That was the last straw for Ezekiel and he walked forward.

"Please." Negan's voice was soft, broken and defeated. Then he saw Ezekiel move forward. "What are you doing?"

Ezekiel walked past the troopers with his arms raised. "I don't know."

Alden knew what he was doing and he wasn't the only one that knew it. Jesus was the fastest with following his example. Tara and Magna joined in quickly and stood beside them. Then Alden, Carl, Mika, Princess and Kelly joined in a quick concession. They were all counting on the fact that the warden wouldn't execute them all. More of the prisoners followed, sowing more doubt amongst the troopers.

"I admire your bravery, prisoners." The warden taunted. "Shoot them all."

Mike was the first trooper to break away from his orders and he lowered his rifle. "I didn't sign up for this." He'd felt like a monster ever since being transferred here. He was hurting people. He was on the wrong side.