33- wrong answer

Maggie made her way upstairs to check on Aaron and Jesus again. She was still stressing about Alden, but aside from going after him herself she couldn't do anything. She knew he wouldn't want her to go after him. He would yell at her about her life being worth more than his and that she shouldn't risk it only for him. That's what kept her from going after him. And then there was the pact they made; that they'd never leave Hershel and Hope behind. They never left Hilltop together anymore, just in case.

She knocked on the door before she stepped inside.

"Hey." Jesus croaked weakly.

Maggie froze. She hadn't expected that he was awake, only secretly hoped so. Aaron was still sitting by his bedside and beamed happily.

"You woke up." Was the first thing she stammered when the shock faded.

Jesus hummed softly, he wasn't really up to talking yet.

"Early afternoon, been in and out since. Enid said that would keep happening for a while." Aaron replied for him. "Sorry, I should've told you he woke up but I didn't want to leave him alone, not yet."

They both looked down at Jezus, who was out again.

"I also came to tell you that Michonne and the others went back to Alexandria." She added.

"I know." He nodded. "They asked me to go back with them, but I'm not done here yet." He held a short pause. "That kid we brought back. Are Daryl and Tara still interrogating her?"

"They are." She nodded. "But at this point I don't really care as long as it can help us find Alden and Luke back. Doesn't mean I want or like that it has to happen."

"I don't think she had a choice in how she was raised, like Gracie. She didn't choose to be raised by me. And I like to believe I'm a good parent and that we're the good guys, but it could've been different for her as it is for that kid in the cellar now."

"I know." Maggie sighed. "But the sun's going down and it's about to be dark again. It's the second night that Alden hasn't come back yet. We don't have a choice."

"Did you know!" Henry hollered at Rose as he stormed into her trailer

She looked up from the book she'd been reading and frowned, "know what?"

"That Daryl used me to interrogate Lydia."

"I don't even know who Lydia is." She shot back even more confused. She laid her book aside and stood up.

"The one they brought back, the one they locked up in the cellar." He explained. "I know her people are bad and that they stabbed Jesus, but that doesn't mean she has to be. She's scared and Daryl's only making it worse. I thought you'd understand, since you came from the Saviors."

She bit her lip; he did have half a point. "Doesn't mean she's good either."

"We gave all of the Saviors a chance after the war was over and they're part of our communities now. We should give her that same chance." He insisted.