5: Cute Café Boy

Requested by: 1607813cat
Ship: S2!ModernCafeAU!Jizzie
Word Count: 1431

This one's inspired by that one popular song i put at the top of the chapter, the song's cute and helps warm my cold and very lonely touch-deprived heart </3

Not that this chapter has anything to do with dandelions lol

"Dude, you've been talking about her non-stop. I bet she's drop-dead gorgeous." Sausage smirked as his friend choked on his food, the two were out eating at a barbecue place. "I— I haven't..." Joel was usually someone of many words, someone who always had something to say. That was... until now. The other laughed as they continued eating.

"Jokes aside, I've never seen you so star struck over anyone. I think you should go for it." Sausage continued as he picked up his cup of ice water, "If she's as amazing and nice as you say she is, she'll give you a chance." Joel took that into consideration, she would... wouldn't she?

Joel hadn't ever really experienced rejection, considering he had basically everything he wanted at his disposal for all his life. He was partially curious on how rejection felt, he should try and the worst that could happen is the new discovery.

"Your regular?" Joel was pretty bummed out when he saw a different barista at the counter, a short ginger male with dark blue eyes. He was so in his own world he had not watched out for any hurtles that he would possibly face. "I— Yeah, a large Iced Americano." He smiled awkwardly down at the barista, scratching the back of his head.

"Your name?" He asked, holding a sharpie as he would write on the paper cup; "Joel, J-O-E-L," The brunette spelled out slowly. The ginger finished writing it, "Alright! Will that be it sir?" This was Joel's chance! "No, I have one more thing. I have a tiny... favour... to ask of you..." The barista let out a hum as he waited for what the favour would be. "Could you ask Lizzie— if me getting her number would be... okay?" The barista laughed but nodded as he rung Joel up, handing him his receipt.

"Finally, we were wondering when you were gonna ask Big Man." The ginger took a pencil and scribbled something down on the backside of a used receipt before giving that to Joel as well. "Her number, she's been waiting months for this... just tell her it's Cute-Café-Boy and she'll get the jest."

The brunette thanked him before going to sit down and wait for his drink, he slowly entered the numbers in. That was easier than he had thought... what was he gonna text her? The male looked out to the street, with splashes from the cars due to recent rainfall.

"What do I say...?" Joel mumbled, thinking about it. He had the dm set up, all he had to do was send something.

(582) - 482 - 3690

Hi! This is Cute Café Boy! I wanted to ask|

He stopped, was he really gonna take that short barista's 'advice?' That makes him sound kinda cocky... hold up, when did he even care if he sounded ignorant? He never questioned himself like this before. Joel deleted his opening sentence, trying again numerous times.

Each time ended the same, with him using the backspace button. It had to be perfect. He wasn't gonna send something he didn't like, what if he offended her by trying to sound cool?

(582) - 482 - 3690

Hello! My name's Joel, I got your number through one of your co-workers! I was wondering|