🧡Seasick🧡

Mikey x Reader ~gender neutral~

(Y/n's pov)

You were waiting for your boyfriend at your usual meeting place. Being early for once. You had no idea where he was or why he was late but you weren't gonna call Mikey and bother him. He had important things to do. As he was a hero.
Laughing softly to yourself thinking about how such a baby faced young man has been New york's hero for most of his teens, well one of the heros.
Mikey wasn't usually the type to be late; he often got there early. It wasn't because he was punctual it was more the fact he gets excited to meet up with you and wants to meet up as soon as possible. You usually get there around the scheduled time or slightly after.

"Heeey (y/n)!" Mikey called from a distance.

"Hiya mikey!" You responded, waving at him.

He jogged over quickly and took your hand. Heat rises to your cheeks dusting them in pink. You smiled at him. It was hard not to like such a bubbly, free spirited person. He could make you laugh so easily. You knew you had fallen for the colorful young man quite a while ago. Within the first few months of dating. Now it was 3 years into the happy relationship.

"I'm so sorry I was late. I was making sure I got everything set up" He smiled, beginning to walk to the closest dock.

"Everything set up? What do you have planned?" You asked a bit nervously, noticing the direction he was taking the both of you.

"Yeah I have something cool planned for us" He chirped back, turning his head to smile at you.

"Can you at least tell me the plan?" You ask, quickening your pace to keep up with him.

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise (Y/n)" He laughed softly.

For a moment Mikey looked nervous but you couldn't exactly tell. He was good at hiding how he felt. Soon you could see the dock coming up into view. Shit....he was gonna take you on a boat. You had really bad motion sickness and have fallen off a boat before in your childhood. Your grip on his hand tightened ever so slightly.

"Good the ferry is still here" Mikey said half out loud to himself.

You stayed quiet with your reservations for this little hangout he planned. He has said he was planning something really fun for the two of you for weeks now. Which meant you planned the last few weekly meetings. And honestly you weren't the best with planning things.
Mikey looked over to you and smiled, bringing you both on the ferry, holding your hand the entire time. He knew you were nervous with any type of boat.
He had something important to tell you and he wanted it romantic. You only thought he was trying to help you get over your fear.
In a few minutes the ferry left the dock to drive down the river into the harbor. Mikey led you both to the railings. You quickly grabbed onto the railings with both hands letting his hand go much to Mikey's dismay. Mikey placed his hand on your lower back gently rubbing circles with his hand to help ease how sick you were feeling. Standing up and grabbing his hand again.

"ok....I think I could keep my dinner now" You mutter smiling at him.

"I didn't know you had seasickness, I just thought you didn't like them....I wanted to show you the sunset on the river" Mikey said a bit guiltily pointing at the sunset.

You looked up at the sight in front of you and smiled. The sunset was beautiful here. The different reds, pinks, and oranges mixed together in such a way, leaving you stunned. It was honestly romantic.
At this point Mikey took his chance standing next to you and wrapping an arm around your lower back. His hand around your hip. Instinctively you leaned against him. You could practically feel him smile.
He rubbed his thumb against your skin. His hand had slipped under your shirt ever so slightly to warm up his hand. Laying your head on his shoulder just enjoying the moment. Not at all noticing his other hand fumbling with something in his pocket.
After a few minutes Mikey pulled away, You pouted looking at him. He got onto his knee pulling out a ring box opening it. You stood there absolutely shocked. You didn't even hear him ask you to marry him.
There was quite the crowd watching. As soon as you shook out of it you nearly tackled him crying happily. He held you close laughing. The crowd cheering for the 2 of you. After a few moments he got the ring on your finger. It was beautiful. with a simple gold band set with a single yellow gold sapphire. You took quite a bit of time staring at the ring on your finger. Honestly never having a clue he was planning this.

"Mikey....I can't believe..." You whispered, choking on tears.

"I know, I wanted to make sure you had no idea" He explained, smiling and holding you close.

"I love you" You smiled giving him a soft kiss

"I love you too" Mikey smiled back laughing quietly.

((Mikey is the first oneshot on here and well he is such a refresser for me when it comes to writing. My writing has most definetly gotten better. So many ideas stemmed off this one...well word count is 930))