Knowing Leonor

I received a phone call from a random number on the morning of the next Wednesday after that, and it was the Princess' personal secretary, Aurelia. 

She said that due to conflicting schedules, the princess won't be able to meet me in their palace as she had requested. 

I thanked her for this update, and I stared, stuck looking at my phone minutes after I hung it up. Only then I remembered it was a week before her birthday, and she must be hyped up with all the preparation.

My roommate came into the room just as I was staring lost at the phone, and when noticed my silence asked me if I was okay.

"Si, estoy bien." I kind of gave her a frail smile.

¿Cómo es ese trabajo en esa biblioteca que has solicitado durante las últimas semanas?" She asked.

(TL: How is that job in the library you applied for weeks ago?)

I hesitated for a few seconds. I kind of scratch my head, a gesture that I've come to adapt when lying about something.

"Todo bien, y solo me han contratado por cinco semanas o más solamente, no es un trabajo permanente"

(TL: All good, I've passed; but the job is only for five weeks or more, it's not a permanent job).

"Bueno, dinero esta dinero, no?" She said teasingly.

(TL: Well, money is money, right?)

"Anyway, yo seria fuera de nuesto cuarto este noche, mis amigos de clase de chemistry necessitan buscar un formula por nuestro proyecto, y despues eso, nosotros ir a discoteca por una bebida."

(TL: Anyway, I will be out of our room tonight, my friends from the chemistry class need to find a formula for our project and after that, we'll go to a disco for a drink.)

She looks at me. "Would you... like to... Come?"

Since the princess session is off this afternoon, it might be a good time for me to take some rest. Oh, I forgot - it's my turn to clean the bathroom.

"No, I think I'm going to rest. And, it's me and the bathroom, right?"

Her face remembers our tasks every now and then. "Oh yeah." She smirked. "Muy dura trabajadora, eh?" (TL: Very hardworking, eh?)

I laugh at her remarks and watch as she starts preparing for her errand outside.

I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing off the assignments I had for some of my minor subjects and when the clock strikes at 6 PM, I gather it was time to clean the bath. I finished a couple more papers then I suddenly fell asleep for a few minutes. On the table, my books; spiraled around me. I was slowly being taken to sleep when I thought I heard a phone ring and thought it was Silvia's.

I tried to ignore it but my senses came waking up again when I realized the ringing never stopped. Sleepy, I picked up my phone, answered it, and put it next to my ear.

"Hola?"

"Hola, este es Aurelia.. Su majested, Princess Leonor, would like to check if you can spare a minute or two outside your dorm?"

"The princess? No way, you're real..." I can feel even sleepier than ever.

"She's here outside your dorm, Miss Philippa.

I instantly opened my eyes after hearing it. I stood up at my desk.

"I'm sorry?"

"La princesa está esperando en un auto de reserva afuera de su dormitorio, y ella está preguntando si podría unirse a ella para tomar un café o té en algún lugar".