(LAST CHAPTER) Reality Prevails

Zarzuela Palace

Leonor's bedroom

Aurelia 

"Déjame saber si necesitas algo más." (TL:"Let me know if you need anything else.") Aurelia whispered to Liana, before exiting the room.

The maid is laying down on the Princess's bed, somehow relaxed compared to how she used to feel the first time she asked her to pretend as Leonor in the past. The maid's hair is untied, she was wearing the nightgown of the princess which was a little loose and hangs around her, oddly comfortable getting used to this scheme.

"No, estoy bien, solo asegúrate de que no nos atrapen. No puedo seguir haciendo esto cuando ella sale. ¿A dónde va ella de todos modos, o mejor aún, con quién se encuentra en secreto?" The maid purred. 

 (Tl: "No, I'm alright - just make sure we won't get caught. I can't keep doing this when she goes out. Where is she going anyway, or better yet, who is she meeting in secret?")

"No necesitas saber los detalles, Liana" (TL: "You don't need to know the details, Liana.") Aurelia tucked the maid back in the bed. She looks out at the window nearby, seeing the pale moon gleaming through the window silhouette, realizing it's going past midnight. 

She wondered why the princess hasn't called yet - she tried calling her phone earlier but for some reason they cannot be reached system sound hovers. She started worrying about what could have happened to Leonor, and wanted to find a way to get to where she is, only if she knew – but she can't leave Liana alone here. Most especially with what happened earlier.

Aurelia sighs at the memory of Infanta Sofia going through the room, asking to see the Princess. Fortunately, the King and the Queen said they were going to stay the rest of the night on one of their properties somewhere on the continuation of their town visit in the suburbs of Asturias. This made the family dinner a canceled list on the Princess's schedule, which is agreeable - since Leonor is out with Phillipa somewhere.

But just after the supposed to be canceled dinner, much to her anticipation – Infanta Sofia personally visited the room and asked to see Leonor. 

Aurelia remembers trying to stall the younger princess away, telling her that Leonor has taken her early dinner moments prior and is now sleeping already.

"At this early hour?" Infanta's voice came suspiciously high.

"Si, Princessa, dijo que tenía ganas de dormir temprano esta noche, tenía demasiadas cosas a las que había asistido hoy" (TL: Yes, Princess, she said she was feeling like sleeping early tonight, she had too many things she had attended today.")

"Yo sé eso. Pero necesito tomar prestado algo de sus cosas, puedo tomarlo incluso si está durmiendo..." (TL: "I know that. But I need to borrow something from her things, I can take it even if she's sleeping—")

"Let me get that for you, Princessa, later, I'll personally hand it over once I have it." Aurelia quickly assured the younger Princess.

For a moment, she thought Infanta wouldn't buy her lie, as there was an unfazed look in her eyes; but she agreed eventually and bid her goodnight.

Once the younger princess has walked away, Aurelia lets out the breath she'd been holding—close is not close enough to describe the panic she felt during this scheme.

"No voy a dejarte, estaré justo en frente de la puerta" (TL: "I'm not going to leave you, I'll be just right in front of the door.") Aurelia then said to Liana, reshifting her focus to the maid in the bed. "Puedes llamar a la puerta o llamarme a mi teléfono si necesitas algo". (TL: "You can knock on the door or call me on my phone if you need anything.")