Mending Walls

Oviedo University
Library Office

Leonor 

At the sight of Phillipa in the office, confused and surprised, Leonor smiled and thanked the headmaster, and turned to the writer. "I hope you don't mind if we do our session here in your school, today."

Phillipa lightly shakes her head. "No, not at all... I'm just surprised."

"I'll be going, Princessa." The headmaster later said with a slight bow.

Leonor once again thanked the professor.

"Bueno, I'll go with you, Senior." Aurelia then added. Both of them headed towards the door.

"I'll be waiting in the car." The secretary said to her, smiling at them both before exiting the office.

There were a few seconds of silence that crept into the office once they are alone, and only the humming of the ceiling fan could be heard. Leonor was trying her best to keep herself from blurting out, explaining why she was here, but Phillipa asked why she decided to write her next speech here in her school.

"I was hoping I could spare you the travel, and I thought it could be refreshing for me to step out of our home somehow." It was at the tip of Leonor's tongue that she specifically wanted their afternoon session to be done here in her school so she could take away Philippa from feeling odd about Prince Felix's recent visit there.

Not that may have mattered, but it does, at least to Leonor.

"I see."

"I also brought us some coffee, since I remember we missed out sharing some in the past weeks." She pointed to the freshly brewed coffee cups on the side of the office table, in the hopes that the writer could remember that this is the next time they've talked over the phone.

But Phillipa's expression doesn't imply any memory of that at all.

"Thank you." Phillipa later said, and later motioned towards the table. "Should we start?"

Leonor was about to ask how the writer's day had been, but seeing how Phillipa was trying to act casual and distant all of a sudden cut her eagerness. This wasn't the Phillipa she used to know -  and it made her think that the news has maybe affected the writer's way of presenting herself today.

"Yes, of course." She dryly replied.

Once they'd been sitting across the table only did Leonor manage to really look at Phillipa, now busy writing some notes on her notepad, from the draft she'd written back in her free time over the weekend. She sighs.

How she missed the sight of her, her short black hair covering her face when writing, and the way she always looked tidy in her long sleeve shirt.

Phillipa asked her for the event's invitation, and she was quick to hand it over. When she did, the bracelet Felix gave her suddenly got loose and fell flat on the table. Before she could take it back, Phillipa quickly recovered it and gave it back to her.

Phillipa's eyes suddenly brimmed down looking at the bracelet, blinking slowly.

"That's a nice-looking bracelet." She remarked, giving back the thing.

"It is," Leonor responded, clasping back its clip back in her wrist.

Phillipa went silent after this, and only at this time that Leonor regretted wearing the bracelet.