A Reality Check

El Dormitorio

Phillipa 

The last day of November falls on a Wednesday and the day resumes the usual for me. In the morning, I attend classes then afterward, cherish some alone time in the dormitory at noon, and will be back at school for the play rehearsals on the afternoon. This has been a routine I've pretty much become used to that I never anticipated the surprise that was coming along my way that same afternoon.

I was on the way to the school from the dormitory when I decided I'll withdraw my remaining monthly allowance from my savings account, and by doing so I need to walk three blocks away between the school and the dormitory. 

Much to my disappointment, the ATM situated the nearest in my dormitory is broken, so I had to walk two more blocks to get to the other nearest machine.

When I arrived there, I was relieved that the machine is working, only there was a line of three people before me. I patiently waited in line, and when I was the second in line before the young man withdrew, we heard a patrol police soft siren from behind, followed by another, and another car.

Once I finished withdrawing, the series of cars driving along the street got the best of my attention. It leads to the far end of the street, to where the stores are at. Acting upon it, and seeing that I have little extra time, I stroll down the street and saw more cars parked outside a certain boutique store.

The cars were all stalled and aligned across the street and a huge circle of the crowd was surrounding the area. There must be someone famous inside the store for these many people to wait outside.

For some reason, the Princess crossed my mind but knowing that she's still in Wales got me curious to know who it might be. It might be a local celebrity or a foreign one visiting Madrid, and the people are really jumping off their feet and wrangling with their mobile phones to catch and get closer to where the "celebrity" car is at.

I realized I was still listening to my Bluetooth earphone, so I was not able to hear clearly who they are calling out in space. I walked even further, as my curiosity got the best of me, taking off the earphone, and when I finally reached the pedestrian gate deck I was surprised to see a car pulling up in front of a store, and recognize some familiar men in their uniform. 

Later, much to my heart's wilting anticipation of trying to figure out who it was from the Royal Family, the store's door opened up, and there came out Leonor, on her pink dress waving to the crowd, and my heart was in joy finally seeing her again after a month.

Leonor. - she's back - she's here.

Rushed by the overwhelming feeling of excitement, and forgetting about the crowd shouting desperately around me, I tried to climb off that short gate deck and tried my best to get closer to where the Princess is, wanting to wave her a simple Hi and wanting her to see me and stop by to greet me back. It has not been easy because as soon as I climbed off the gate deck, and got crushed by bodies, it took me a few minutes trying to get through before I can see where Leonor is at once again. 

She's still waving to the crowd, some she shakes hands with, smiling, cameras flashing, her bodyguards keeping a safe distance away.

When I finally managed to get closer to her even further, I started calling out her name, my head going left and right trying to make sure I don't bump heads with anyone in the crowd. I tried calling out her name once again, now much louder; but it disappeared in the air, getting drowned out by the others voices calling out her name as well.

I can barely see her at this time, as the commotion goes much stronger, wider, populated, and I tried calling her once again, but it was to no avail - she can't hear me from all the noise.